Author Topic: McCabe family  (Read 118 times)

Offline ScrittiPolizei89

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
McCabe family
« on: Wednesday 11 October 23 22:37 BST (UK) »
Hello there! I am researching the background of my great-grandfather, Patrick McCabe, who was born in 1833 in Ireland. In 1852, he joined the British Army in Liverpool; for most of his life (he died in 1883) he lived in England. I think the Patrick McCabe in question one I found at the time of the 1851 Census in Liverpool; whereby he was living as a lodger, with several others, including a Susannah McCabe, no doubt his mother (she was 40 years old at the time, so no doubt would have been born around 1810/1811). In 1864, he married Sarah Hannah Tucker in Gravesend, Kent. His father, John, was present and had his occupation down as a coachman. So, his parents were seemingly John and Susannah.
I have little idea though, as to what part of Ireland they came from, but I took a DNA test and have quite a few Irish matches. Of these Irish matches, there are few who (unsurprisingly) also have the McCabe name in common. This is on Myheritage; there family trees are open to viewing. It appears that the McCabe family (in my case) originates in Offaly.
I am wondering if there is any information on a John and Susannah McCabe who tied the knot?