Author Topic: Address/RC church questions. And Gordon (or Gordan) Street, Ringsend?  (Read 1227 times)

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
Re: Address/RC church questions. And Gordon (or Gordan) Street, Ringsend?
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 30 November 23 05:22 GMT (UK) »
Okay, yes I was assuming she did. I know that isn't necessarily the case, though.

Did you notice that the informant for Anne's birth in 1885 was a Lynch?
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 30 November 23 05:37 GMT (UK) »
Birth of Anne Reilly, daughter of Anne Reilly, in 1909, in the Workhouse, Kells.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1909/01594/1640781.pdf
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 30 November 23 05:56 GMT (UK) »
In 1905, there is an "Unknown" illegitimate male child born to Mary Reilly, of Kells, in the Rotunda in Dublin. Mary, Anne's sister?
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1905/01774/1697672.pdf

Offline CiJaNiPa

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 30 November 23 05:57 GMT (UK) »
Wow, you're good!!

And it's good to know that, at least in the Reilly family, Bernard and Bryan are used interchangeably. (I do have a Bryan Reilly in my tree born in 1803 in Kildalkey. I've seen the name Bernard Reilly too.)

In terms of the Lynch informant, no I didn't notice! Although, I think it is a coincidence. Originally I thought Thomas Lynch may have adopted Joseph because he was a relative's child, but I discovered that the Lynch family had had tons of nurse children prior to Joseph, at one point being denied more. Joseph was with another woman initially, and the only reason he ended up with the Lynch family is because that woman's husband died and she already had a couple young kids of her own, so she couldn't foster anymore.

Offline CiJaNiPa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 30 November 23 05:59 GMT (UK) »
In 1905, there is an "Unknown" illegitimate male child born to Mary Reilly, of Kells, in the Rotunda in Dublin. Mary, Anne's sister?
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1905/01774/1697672.pdf

Wow! This Reilly family is something else!

Offline shanreagh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 30 November 23 08:01 GMT (UK) »
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1923/05055/4384794.pdf
 Above is the death of a Julia Lynch of  Newcastle Kells Co Meath aged 82 in 1923 whose death was reported by a Joe (or Jas?) Reilly.

There are a few Julia Lynchs in Kells/Co Meath and it may be a coincidence.

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 30 November 23 08:04 GMT (UK) »
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1923/05055/4384794.pdf
 Above is the death of a Julia Lynch of  Newcastle Kells Co Meath aged 82 in 1923 whose death was reported by a Joe (or Jas?) Reilly.

There are a few Julia Lynchs in Kells/Co Meath and it may be a coincidence.

Julia Lynch was godmother to several of the Reilly children IIRC

Offline Abhanliath

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 30 November 23 11:05 GMT (UK) »
Wow, you're good!!

And it's good to know that, at least in the Reilly family, Bernard and Bryan are used interchangeably. (I do have a Bryan Reilly in my tree born in 1803 in Kildalkey. I've seen the name Bernard Reilly too.)

In terms of the Lynch informant, no I didn't notice! Although, I think it is a coincidence. Originally I thought Thomas Lynch may have adopted Joseph because he was a relative's child, but I discovered that the Lynch family had had tons of nurse children prior to Joseph, at one point being denied more. Joseph was with another woman initially, and the only reason he ended up with the Lynch family is because that woman's husband died and she already had a couple young kids of her own, so she couldn't foster anymore.

I've seen this before, for instance in the birth of Brian (later Bryan) Malone in 1888, his father, who's Bryan in the 1901 and 1911 censuses, is listd as Bernard.

Offline dublin1850

• RootsChat Veteran
  • A great lover of Dublin history
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 30 November 23 11:25 GMT (UK) »
Irish names like Brian required the priests to become inventive with their Latin translation - Bernard or Barnaby were both used for Brian.
Coffey, Cummins [Rathfalla, Tipperary], Cummins [Skirke, Laois], Curran, Dillon [Clare], Fogarty [Garran, Laois/Tipp], Hughes, Keshan (Keeshan), Loughman [Harristown and Killadooley, Laois], Mallon [Armagh], Malone, Markham [Caherkine, Clare], McKeon(e) [Sligo/Kilkenny/Waterford], McNamara, Meagher, Prescott [Kilkenny/Waterford/Wexford?], Rafferty, Ryan, Sullivan, Tobin
GEDMatch: T665306 tested with Family Tree DNA and also with ancestry
GEDCOM file: 1980344