Author Topic: CURRAN, Francis (Liam) 1939  (Read 141 times)

Offline Soapyflat

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
CURRAN, Francis (Liam) 1939
« on: Sunday 15 October 23 22:38 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I'm new to RootsChat so hope I'm doing this correctly.
I'm searching for my biological father. DNA test matches has narrowed it down to man who lived in Birmingham.
Details: I'm looking for information on a man, Francis Curran, who was born in Dublin Ireland in 1939. He apparently went under the name Liam Curran. His parents where John Curran 1912 and Roseanna Coughlan 1913.
Relatives have indicated he lived in Birmingham and died in the late 1990's aged around 60. He had very little contact with his family and as such they know very little about him (other than he never married and died in Birmingham in the late 1990's).
I've tried searching the census and death records but can't find anything on a Francis or Liam Curran.
Does anyone have suggestions on where to go to next.

Kind regards,
Linda

Offline Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: CURRAN, Francis (Liam) 1939
« Reply #1 on: Monday 16 October 23 01:55 BST (UK) »
Hi and Welcome  :D

There are no census records for the time period you are researching, perhaps you mean electoral registers.

If there are no records which back up the claim "He apparently went under the name Liam Curran.......he lived in Birmingham and died in the late 1990's aged around 60" then you need to accept that some or all of this information that you have been given is not correct.

You really need to go back to the family and try to get more reliable information.  You also need an exact date of birth as that will be something that is often recorded on records created in more recent times.

Debra  :)

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 16 October 23 02:37 BST (UK) »
Irish Genealogy

John Curran age 20, Carter married Rosanna Coghlan, full age Tailoress on 1 September 1932 Dublin. Roman Catholic St. Lawrence O'Toole
His father William Curran, lab.
Her father Charles, lab.
Witness Thomas Curran and Annie O'Connor

Offline Soapyflat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 16 October 23 09:36 BST (UK) »
Hi and Welcome  :D

There are no census records for the time period you are researching, perhaps you mean electoral registers.

If there are no records which back up the claim "He apparently went under the name Liam Curran.......he lived in Birmingham and died in the late 1990's aged around 60" then you need to accept that some or all of this information that you have been given is not correct.

You really need to go back to the family and try to get more reliable information.  You also need an exact date of birth as that will be something that is often recorded on records created in more recent times.
Debra  :)

Hi Debra and thank you.
Yes I did mean electoral registers.
I think I've gotten as much info as I could from the family (which wasn't much). I will try again. I'll get Francis's birth record. Ancestry.com records show his Birth quarter as Apr-May-June 1939.
I was hoping something might come from this forum.
Regards,
Linda