Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 22nd October  (Read 1638 times)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Diary summary week ending 22nd October
« on: Tuesday 17 October 23 14:17 BST (UK) »
Hi folks, where is everyone?

Sunny but cold and blustery today, would love to be at the coast overlooking  the waves wrapped up with  a cup  of soup

Have changed the bed linen into winter ones  but last night was  so hot I laid on top till late early hours when it turned cold again, rads on as my husband feels the cold.

Hope all is well,  keep warm

LM

Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Online Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 22nd October
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 17 October 23 15:05 BST (UK) »
Hello LM

Beautifully sunny here today too… sadly looks like tomorrow is going downhill fast!
We are going to the Cotswolds for a couple of days with plans to visit Westonbirt Arboretum on Thursday… so I think it’s a case of watch this space!
Despite all that it’ll be nice to go away and enjoy the pleasure of a hotel.

We had our covid jabs last Friday with no ill effects apart from now I’ve got a streaming cold so dosing myself up! Never sneezed so much as I did yesterday.. hoping I’ll be ok to travel tomorrow 🤞🤞.

Take care all

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 17 October 23 15:19 BST (UK) »
I do like the Cotswolds   Bourton on the Water comes to mind .

Yes, tomorrow is not meant to be a good weather day but whatever the weather I am meeting my friend, unless it snows and I stay in .

I would like a holiday but my husband doesn't do much driving, well  more to the point I don't like his driving, got worse since I had my accident in March where I have lost my confidence on the road, I am a nightmare passenger.

Must admit I haven't had  any adverse affects from either Covid of flu jabs.

Enjoy your break Caw

LM

Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 17 October 23 15:31 BST (UK) »
Weather turning grotty here, too.
Winds this evening 40mph to 50mph. Same thing tomorrow.
Not good when I have balance issues!

Amber weather warning in place - coastal overtopping expected.
That means various promenades will be flooded.

Not had Autumn booster yet.
Previous boosters affected my balance!
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 17 October 23 21:01 BST (UK) »
I had a bad night last night, wondered if it was the Covid booster but a week on Thursday since I had that.
Came down this morning and I had forgotten my bedtime heart tablets, so serves me right ,my own fault but I did feel awful ,
Have picked up during the day.

Lovely phone call from my Grand daughter, has just passed with flying colours the Law part of her Chartered Accountancy exams, all this whilst working and getting day release, so really well done.
Her Grandad would have been so pleased .

Bright sunshine but bitterly cold ,lots of washing done and much already ironed.
Had a curry made from the last of Sunday’s  chicken , a nice lemony one so as not to overpower the chicken.

Daughter phoned last night as usual .
Their amazing little Border Terrier getting more territorial in the showroom , has always been so friendly but this is noticably worse when Kyra is around ,the dog has self appointed herself as guardian of the youngest member of the family ,she and her mummy slip across from their bungalow to the showroom and enjoy a coffee break with my daughter and the dog in the office.
The dog misses Flash Harry after the long holidays,so is enjoying Kyra’s company.

Hope all are well, weather forecast not good,some really bad rain
on the way ,damage expected.

Cheerio, look after yourselves .
Viktoria.

Online Jebber

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 17 October 23 22:31 BST (UK) »
It's been a lovely sunny day here in Dorset, nippy, but not as cold as yesterday. Lovely day for a walk along the beach,  something I used to do several times a week, not possible now unfortunately but there are a lot of people worse off than me, so I shouldn't complain.

Strong winds and heavy rain forecast for tomorrow, it’s a good job the gardener came yesterday.

Had Flu and Covid jabs yesterday, Covid arm slightly sore but otherwise no problems.

I took the plunge and ordered Christmas cards today, I thought I had better bite the bullet and make a start, all the Christmas brochures etc, are dropping through the letterbox and into my email inbox. I'm sure the numbers increase every year, and I'm sure the years are getting shorter. :)
CHOULES All ,  COKER Harwich Essex & Rochester Kent 
COLE Gt. Oakley, & Lt. Oakley, Essex.
DUNCAN Kent
EVERITT Colchester,  Dovercourt & Harwich Essex
GULLIVER/GULLOFER Fifehead Magdalen Dorset
HORSCROFT Kent.
KING Sturminster Newton, Dorset. MONK Odiham Ham.
SCOTT Wrabness, Essex
WILKINS Stour Provost, Dorset.
WICKHAM All in North Essex.
WICKHAM Medway Towns, Kent from 1880
WICKHAM, Ipswich, Suffolk.

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 18 October 23 15:45 BST (UK) »
Choir practice as usual last night.  We are learning new stuff for a concert in December, so there's plenty of Christmassy music including a German carol.  As a former German teacher i had to teach choir members how to pronounce the words.  Today is very wet and windy, but I had to go out twice: firstly for a haircut and then in the afternoon to a course in the History of English.  The lecturer is a local linguist and is a very good speaker.  I'm definitely not going out again today, but tomorrow is the day for my weekly shop and it's supposed to be even worse then.  :( The central heating is now on mornings and evenings or we may light the wood burning stove in the sitting room.  It's so powerful that it can heat the whole of the downstairs rooms in our little cottage if you leave all the doors open!
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 19 October 23 12:00 BST (UK) »
I hope your wife makes a swift recovery Jeff.  Best Wishes to you and your family.

I too, have been absent a bit from the thread sometimes.  I won't say too much as it would break the rules re what you can write about.  But I have a close family member having hospital treatment.  There are no guarantees but we are given to believe that there is hope with treatment. 
Sometimes I feel a bit depressed and flat by things which are going on this year and I sometimes feel beyond words because of it all.  My brother (my last sibling) and the family 19 year old dog dying and also this.
So if I don't write so much this is why .. sometimes I feel beyond words.  Hopefully, the worst of it will be over for my family member by Christmas.
Re the war going on abroad I have a friend here who tells me that a cousin and their family was killed.  Now she says she has lost all contact with her family.  She was crying a lot the other night after the hospital was bombed.  She is glued to the news but I advised her to stop torturing herself by looking at all this so much.  I do feel for her; what can you say.  She naturally is distraught for what her family might be going through but she is going to  drive herself mad the way she is going.
Lesser things .. I was able to get my flu jab and covid booster at work a few weeks ago.  I  got a few chills next day and mentioned this in conversation to someone who seemed it turned out, to be an anti vaxxer.  They said gleefully "That's what you get for putting strange things in your body".  I don't care, I will take all the protection I can get.
Also, there is bus strike.  I didn't get in the other night from work until after midnight.  I sat knitting poppies at the bus station to pass the time and distract from the cold waiting for the last bus I could get which was late.  I did wonder if I might have to doss down with the homeless at the bus station.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Pinetree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 19 October 23 12:21 BST (UK) »
Nice to see your post RTL but sorry that this year is not proving to be a good one for you.  All the sad news worldwide does not help at all either.

Thanks to LM for keeping the treads going and to others for posting their news.

We had a very rainy night last night and the wind was up but not really stormy conditions, although too soon to say we’ve missed Babet I think.

I hope Viktoria is feeling better and that Caroline enjoys her trip.

Lots of Covid cases in my family at the moment but nobody I’ve been in close contact with.  OH did a test this morning but it was negative. Very unlike him to take a test so we’ll see what, if anything, develops.

All the best everyone,

Pinetree
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk