Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 22nd October  (Read 1637 times)

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 22nd October
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 19 October 23 12:22 BST (UK) »
I survived yesterday! :D
Got bus into Douglas; short blustery walk to the cafe where I met up with 5 friends.
Wind had picked up while we were nattering; so a taxi ride to the other end of North Quay, where I met a friend and his dogs for a glass (or 3!) of wine.
The pub has an Indian kitchen, so curried steak last night. A touch spicy,but the Shi-Tzu seemed to enjoy it ;)
Taxi home, and home safe by 7 pm.

Wind was too strong for the cruise ship that was visiting; or rather the tenders. So passengers stayed on board.
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 19 October 23 12:42 BST (UK) »
Thanks Pinetree; it certainly feels like a rotten year and I will be glad I think, to see the back of it.  I am glad your hubby is alright. 
I suspect that cases will be under reported as some people will not be able to afford to stay off work.

And yes, I too hope that Viktoria is well and Caroline will enjoy her trip.  I have got behind with much on here.
And of course thanks to LM and others who start and keep the thread going when some of us fall by the wayside.

Glad you 'survived' yesterday KGarrad;  sounds like a brill day with friends, booze and curry.  I would have had one minus the steak. ;)

I'm off today which is just as well as the wind kept me awake for most of the night.  We have gas work fences around dug holes in the street which all blew over.  But the workmen were out early this morning putting things back to rights and whatever else they were getting on with.
It seems all the gas pipes will be replaced with more durable plastic ones.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Pinetree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 19 October 23 13:04 BST (UK) »
Glad you survived the weather yesterday KG.  We have yellow and amber warnings for the weekend now so time to batten down the hatches 💨.

Pinetree
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 19 October 23 13:34 BST (UK) »
Glad you 'survived' yesterday KGarrad;  sounds like a brill day with friends, booze and curry.  I would have had one minus the steak. ;)

Maybe you would prefer the "Kurried" Paella?

BTW - it was my usual Wednesday!

Tonight I'm having dinner with a (platonic!) lady friend.
Plant-based menu - always very tasty!
When I asked the owner why plant-based? She replied It's like Vegan but without the politics!
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 19 October 23 13:48 BST (UK) »
RTL, so sorry you have health problems within your family,  as Pinetree said you haven't  had a good year, hopefully things get better.

I do think about  fellow rootschatters with problems and wish them all well.

I heard Covid is still about locally, one poor chap hasn't even been out of the door,  has helpers in but still managed to get Covid,  a real shame at 95 years old.

Take care everyone, keep safe and keep warm

LM.
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 19 October 23 14:10 BST (UK) »
Oh no, no paella!  I don't like the thought of shell fish.  Veggie curry (but no coriander - don't blame me it's genetic preference apparently) would hit the spot.  I am not vegan but do like a lot of vegan stuff.

Your usual Wednesday and dinner out again tonight!   I think you've just come on here to make us all jealous!  Hope you enjoy the next meal out tonight with lady friend.  Eat a lot so you hopefully might not get blown away. ;)
Although, the wind seems to have settled a bit at least for now.

I think restaurants are getting much better at catering for vegetarians.  I remember going out to one years ago with friends and there was nothing on the menu I could have.  I asked if they could cater for vegetarians and was told, oh yes, they could leave the meat off.  Same price too.  How kind!  ::) I wasn't impressed.

Thanks for your kind words LM.  Hopefully, the tide will turn by Christmas for my close relation.
How awful for the 95 year old man to get covid.  I hope it will be a mild form and that he recovers quick.

I'll have to go now as I have my meds to collect from chemist.  Wish I had done this yesterday.  I think I'll call at fish and chip shop too on way home.  Well, if KGarrad isn't going to make his own tea then I don't feel I should have to either.  So there! ;)

Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 19 October 23 14:14 BST (UK) »
Like the humour RTL

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 20 October 23 13:56 BST (UK) »
Hope things soon improve for you and yours, RTL, my OH gets very depressed, and can never explain why - hope it's not me! Weather lousy, at least that makes one see a reason for being depressed!
TY
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 20 October 23 14:32 BST (UK) »
Does he suffer the winter blues?

I had to have a laugh, it was survey done,  it was a discussion about which side of the bed one sleeps, if you sleep on the left it is almost like you are the life and soul of everything, I shouted  "rubbish " at the TV, my oh sleeps on the left,  he certainly is not the life and soul of the party,  I sleep on the right, we didn't get a good word so to speak, I can get up in a good mood, sometimes I just look at my oh's  face and know what sort of day we might have, I'll say  no more,  or as TY  says "is it me"

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London