Author Topic: Family member  (Read 851 times)

Offline mmm45

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Family member
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 01 November 23 15:23 GMT (UK) »
This is the CWGC info for the A Hunter died 1916

Son of Joseph and Phoebe Hunter, of Barnsley, Yorks; husband of Fanny Ellen Hunter, of 26, Victoria St., Manningham Lane, Bradford, Yorks
Lowe(Lower Gornall-Castleford)
Blackburn (Castleford)
Sidwell(Ledsham)
Fairburn(Hartshead)
Wood(Liversedge)
Tallon (Whittington Lancs/Hartshead West Yorkshire)

Researching all Great War soldiers from the Spen Valley of West Yorkshire Especially lads from the Cleckheaton Company of 1/4th West Riding Regiment.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 01 November 23 16:30 GMT (UK) »
What you haven’t included is the info from the 1911 census showing he had a wife & 4 children

It will be the descendants of those children who are the likeliest to have photos so you need to look for their marriages etc to trace living descendants

Have you checked for any trees on Ancestry?  This link needs a subscription but may be the photo from the newspaper you already have

www.rootschat.com/links/01sra/

Have you checked the Surname Interests board - link at bottom of page
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline swillliams

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 01 November 23 18:05 GMT (UK) »
I have contacted a FB page dedicated to soldiers from the area, they were kindly enough to give me a picture of him. I need to see if there is any live relatives that I can contact.

Offline swillliams

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 01 November 23 18:07 GMT (UK) »
What you haven’t included is the info from the 1911 census showing he had a wife & 4 children

It will be the descendants of those children who are the likeliest to have photos so you need to look for their marriages etc to trace living descendants

Have you checked for any trees on Ancestry?  This link needs a subscription but may be the photo from the newspaper you already have

www.rootschat.com/links/01sra/

Have you checked the Surname Interests board - link at bottom of page

That picture is the one I was able to get from a FB account dedicated to the soldiers from the area

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 01 November 23 20:10 GMT (UK) »
To find living descendants you would have to trace at least one of their children's marriages then onwards with their children.  Unfortunately they seem to have had only one son - Harry born December qtr 1914 all others were girls 
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 03 November 23 02:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

The problem the nearer you get to living descendants of Arthur is  !! you can't write about living people on ancestry forum boards, but also as you are tracing forward you are dealing with actual people's present day lives into the unknown ? what these descents lives are like or who they are, what are there lives like or status, class, or what you will be walking into or dealing with. etc.

My cousins daughter (Clever academic girl with a uni- degree) did a bit of modern day near family short history on my paternal family side (Also normal ancestry back) through known near history  also electoral registers and she wrote to a lot of them to have a family reunion at a local pub also my brother and I went.
In this case it was more academics with one school headmaster, a few teachers, a magistrate but a few load mouthed odd balls from - well lets a common low educated undesirable rough council estate ( who probably are/were great people in there own environment) who came thinking there would be free booze.  :(

Thus probably better leave any descendants (who may have a photo of Arthur) to contact you by  putting a notice in a local rag  ???
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline swillliams

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 03 November 23 02:04 GMT (UK) »
Tbh I’ve actually had good experiences with meeting modern family members through family research, the reason why I am looking into Arthur hunter is because I stumbled across him because of my family tree that I have been doing for nearly 3 years