Author Topic: Date and age of this hughes woman from Wirral / North Wales / Lake District?  (Read 411 times)

Offline HughesRL

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Date and age of this hughes woman from Wirral / North Wales / Lake District?
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 28 October 23 13:36 BST (UK) »
Yes, just. He was Hugh Hughes (1838 Flint Mountain - Sep 1920 Ruthin), farmer
... married to Mary Thomas (1838 Cilcain - 1921 Stow-on-the-Wold)

Offline jim1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ain't life grand
    • View Profile
Re: Date and age of this hughes woman from Wirral / North Wales / Lake District?
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 28 October 23 13:47 BST (UK) »
OK. Looking at photo 2 the relationships appear to be
Grandmother at the back with hand on Grandson's shoulder who looks about 16-18.
The other 2 ladies look like sister as has already been mentioned with one with her hand
on the shoulder of the older gent indicating her father.
The lady in the middle has her hand on the shoulder of the girl who looks about 8 indicating mother
(or she may just be stopping her from falling off the rail).
The other girl looks about 10.
I would suggest the lad is son of one of the sisters & at least one of the girls (possibly both)
are the children of the front couple.
Which one of the 2 at the front is the child of the Grandparents is difficult to say.
Warks:Ashford;Cadby;Clarke;Clifford;Cooke Copage;Easthope;
Edmonds;Felton;Colledge;Lutwyche;Mander(s);May;Poole;Withers.
Staffs.Edmonds;Addison;Duffield;Webb;Fisher;Archer
Salop:Easthope,Eddowes,Hoorde,Oteley,Vernon,Talbot,De Neville.
Notts.Clarke;Redfearne;Treece.
Som.May;Perriman;Cox
India Kane;Felton;Cadby
London.Haysom.
Lancs.Gay.
Worcs.Coley;Mander;Sawyer.
Kings of Wessex & Scotland
Census information is Crown copyright,from
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/

Offline HughesRL

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 28 October 23 15:24 BST (UK) »
Thanks Jim - and all other contributors. The relationships are much clearer to me now. The only great-grandmother with a living husband for photo 2 would be Mary Thomas (1838-1921), though she looks remarkably young for a 60-yo in photo 1.

Alternatively, is it possible that photo 2 shows the union of two families - one related to the man in front and the other related to his wife in front? If the man is on the side of his own family (say) then family 1 is represented by him, his mother, and her 16-18yo grandson. Family 2 is represented by the wife in front, her 2 big sisters at the back, and her father. The two girls (if both are daughters of the couple in front) are with their aunt and maternal grandfather.

In that event, the grandmother and grandfather would not be married - but may both be widowed. This would make the younger two great-grandmothers (1844 and 1848) credible candidates for photo 1. It is consistent with your take except that the lad would not be son of one of the sisters. If you think this plausible then I'll try to identify the participants in this scenario too.

Offline jim1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ain't life grand
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 28 October 23 15:47 BST (UK) »
When you mix & match families the possibilities are almost endless.
Your take on it could be possible as I agree with you the lady in the 1st. photo
doesn't look in her 60's & if I was to pick one I would suggest the lady born in 1848.
I think I would look at the children & see who they could belong to based on their assumed ages.
Boy born around 1900-03, girl born around 1906-08 & girl born around 1910-12.
Warks:Ashford;Cadby;Clarke;Clifford;Cooke Copage;Easthope;
Edmonds;Felton;Colledge;Lutwyche;Mander(s);May;Poole;Withers.
Staffs.Edmonds;Addison;Duffield;Webb;Fisher;Archer
Salop:Easthope,Eddowes,Hoorde,Oteley,Vernon,Talbot,De Neville.
Notts.Clarke;Redfearne;Treece.
Som.May;Perriman;Cox
India Kane;Felton;Cadby
London.Haysom.
Lancs.Gay.
Worcs.Coley;Mander;Sawyer.
Kings of Wessex & Scotland
Census information is Crown copyright,from
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 28 October 23 16:02 BST (UK) »
I would guess the lady in the first photo to be in her 40s.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU