Author Topic: cork  (Read 718 times)

Offline KathrynBryant1

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: cork
« Reply #27 on: Monday 23 October 23 04:10 BST (UK) »
Morning all, up way before I am supposed to be, not worth going back to bed now.  Another great find and what a coincidence.   I wonder if James stayed with his Mother after his birth, it certainly looks like that might have been the case.  Oh to have been a fly on the wall in those days!!! If you manage to find anything else then please do let me know (as and when you have time).  Am sure there are plenty of other people who require help.

Kindest regards,

Kathryn

Offline KathrynBryant1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 23 October 23 04:20 BST (UK) »

Sorry,  I didn't realise that my similar post had been sent.  Perhaps I should have gone back to bed!!!!

Morning all.   Up way before my due time, not worth going back to bed now.   Thank you so much for this further information, another great find.  Am wondering if James stayed with his Mother after his birth, certainly looks that way.  Oh to have been a fly on the wall in those days!!!

If you manage to find anything else then please do let me know (as and when you have time) as am sure there are a lot of people requesting help.

I appreciate the time and effort you and others have spent on my query.

Kindest regards,

Kathryn

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 23 October 23 08:42 BST (UK) »
Could this be James Browne's mother Ellen Swiney?
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1885/06293/4803565.pdf
Born c1827 (so 28ish when James was born), Lissarda is where James' daughter Annie was born in 1885 and informant is a Kate Browne!
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1885/02652/1978142.pdf
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline KathrynBryant1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 23 October 23 09:02 BST (UK) »
Hello.  Well done in finding this new info.  I think without a doubt that this is James mother.  Excuse my ignorance but why do you think there is a Mc in front of Ellen's surname please?  If you manage to come up with anything else then do please let me know?

I'll put this info in my Tree on Ancestry and see if it throws anything else up.  Not sure now whether to put Ellen's surname in as Swiney or McSwiney.

Kindest regards,

Kathryn

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 23 October 23 10:20 BST (UK) »
Great find aghadowey  :)
That Kate Browne would be James’ wife so perhaps Ellen lived with them and more importantly she retained her status of unmarried and her surname. 
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline celtic liberty

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Allihies, West Cork, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 23 October 23 23:49 BST (UK) »
Kathryn,  It's been a while since I have been on here.                                                                         

I can't believe you are still searching for those illusive ancestors of yours! 

I did find the baptism entry for James - baptised  16 June 1855 to James Browne and Ellen Swiney, sponsors Jerh. (Jeremiah) Mahony and Kate Horgan.  illegitimate at the side .

https://registers.nli.ie//registers/vtls000634441#page/71/mode/1up ( Kilmurray Parish ).

I know the question has been answered which is great.

Mary

Bradfield, Buckley, Capels,Cronin, Desmond, Leonard, Lombard,Mullins, O'Brien,