Author Topic: Am wondering if there are any birth records for Cork in 1855 please  (Read 246 times)

Offline KathrynBryant1

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Am wondering if there are any birth records for Cork in 1855 please
« on: Sunday 22 October 23 13:03 BST (UK) »
Hello, I am trying to find out when my Great Grandfather James Browne was born if possible?  He was baptised on 16 June 1855.
Parish Variants   Cannavee, Kibonane, Kilbonane, Kilmurry, Moviddy, Kilbonane and Cannavee, Moviddy
Diocese   Cork and Ross

His parents were James Browne and Ellen Swiney.  My GG is given as being illegitimate on his Baptism record.

PLEASE NOTE THAT HIS SURNAME COULD BE SPELT EITHER WITH THE E ON THE END OR WITHOUT. 

I do have other records for him but am desperately trying to find out when he was born.   It would have been under a Roman Catholic Birth.

His Death is under this film number if that is any help as I'm not to sure if the death certificate would give his exact birth date.
FHL Film Number   101739

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Kathryn

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
Re: Am wondering if there are any birth records for Cork in 1855 please
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 24 October 23 03:08 BST (UK) »
The short answer is "No".

The long answer was already given to you in the previous thread.
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area