Author Topic: Thomas Charles Mackesy - Deptford, London - date and restore please.  (Read 705 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Charles Mackesy - Deptford, London - date and restore please.
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 26 October 23 10:55 BST (UK) »
It looks like a reprint to me.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Online dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 26 October 23 11:36 BST (UK) »
You need to check Kelly's directories (Directory) for years 1890 (or before if any) - 1900
For Lamberth. Brixton area =  Local studies libraries may have Kelly's Directories or search  British Library or London Archives

Full Address is 29, Stockwell Park road Little Portugal  - Brixton - LAMBERTH -Surrey SW9- OAP

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline waynenort

• RootsChat Senior
  • Living in a land down under
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 04 November 23 03:32 GMT (UK) »
A colour restoration would also be great - thanks!
A colour version for your collection  :)
NORTON (Kent), KEECH (Dorset), MOOR / MOORE (Kent), HOCKING (Dorset / Somerset), LEVI (City of York), SANDWELL (Kent), CHAFFIN  (Dorset / Somerset), STRONG (Dorset)

Offline LesleyMWood

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 04 November 23 12:37 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Wayne.  He definitely looks younger now that he has colour in his cheeks!  Do you think there is something a bit odd about the photo though?  I can't quite work out what is going on with bottom lip? Lesley

Offline waynenort

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 04 November 23 13:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lesley,

I noticed that too. Maybe I went a little too strong on the shadows when adjusting the tones. ;D   I'll have a play with the tones on the left and right of the bottom lip to even them out. It's midnight at the moment here in Melbourne, so might have to tackle this in the morning when I'm a little more awake and repost the completed the photo.  :)

Cheers, Wayne
NORTON (Kent), KEECH (Dorset), MOOR / MOORE (Kent), HOCKING (Dorset / Somerset), LEVI (City of York), SANDWELL (Kent), CHAFFIN  (Dorset / Somerset), STRONG (Dorset)

Offline waynenort

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 05 November 23 01:36 GMT (UK) »
Hopefully, this is better  :)
Sighted some images of a Jose Asuncion Silva (poet) for reference with the bottom lip/beard part, since the area of Thomas's original photo was a little too damaged.

Offline LesleyMWood

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 05 November 23 10:11 GMT (UK) »
Yes, that makes a big difference!  Thank you very much. I hope you didn't have to spend too long on the photo but I rather fear you did!

Offline waynenort

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 05 November 23 10:42 GMT (UK) »
Not too long - Glad you like it :)