Author Topic: FTM -can't log on to Ancestry  (Read 295 times)

Offline annesthreads

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
FTM -can't log on to Ancestry
« on: Friday 27 October 23 10:21 BST (UK) »
I haven't used FTM2019 for several  months, and it won't log me on to Ancestry. If I use user name and password, it just hangs. I tried logging on via Google and got a message saying that I wasn't using a secure browser. I've tried both Edge and Chrome, both listed as secure. As recommended, I've also checked that Javascript is enabled. I'm wondering if its trying to sign me in to ancestry.com rather than ancestry.co.uk, as when I went into Google sign-up, ancestry.com was shown as the website. After several hours of messing about,  I'm at a total loss as to where to go from here! As far as I know, I've successfully downloaded the update to the program.
Brien; Young (Gloucestershire and Manchester); Gleave; Wilson (Lincolnshire and Manchester); Brandish; Buxton; Govier; Hilton (Lancashire); Gerrard; Bishop (Gloucestershire).

Offline Christine53

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: FTM -can't log on to Ancestry
« Reply #1 on: Friday 27 October 23 10:49 BST (UK) »
deleted
Census information  Crown Copyright
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline martin hooper

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 27 October 23 10:50 BST (UK) »
Hello - I experienced this a few months ago. This is what FTM support advised me to do - and it worked.

" I would suggest updating your 11th Gen Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics video adapter driver to the latest v31.0 - that should help to resolve the problem. You can download the latest recommended driver for your video adapter from Intel website here. Or you can use Intel's Automatically Update Your Drivers solution on the Intel Download Drivers & Software webpage instead."

Martin

Offline annesthreads

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 27 October 23 16:12 BST (UK) »
Hello - I experienced this a few months ago. This is what FTM support advised me to do - and it worked.

" I would suggest updating your 11th Gen Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics video adapter driver to the latest v31.0 - that should help to resolve the problem. You can download the latest recommended driver for your video adapter from Intel website here. Or you can use Intel's Automatically Update Your Drivers solution on the Intel Download Drivers & Software webpage instead."

Martin

Thanks Martin -your help is appreciated. Unfortunately it hasn't worked for me - no Intel updates identified.
Brien; Young (Gloucestershire and Manchester); Gleave; Wilson (Lincolnshire and Manchester); Brandish; Buxton; Govier; Hilton (Lancashire); Gerrard; Bishop (Gloucestershire).

Offline martin hooper

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 27 October 23 17:13 BST (UK) »
Your best bet then is to contact FTM support. They might ask you for some diagnostic data.

Martin

Offline confusion

• RootsChat Senior
  • I was born poor - and still have all of it
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 28 October 23 14:02 BST (UK) »

You maybe experiencing problems because ancestry are in the throes of
introducing 2FA (Two Factor Authorisation).

There have been many complaints from users of software that suppposedly synch? to trees
and they have been unable to connect without some addtion their usual login details.

Contact your software support and ask them what is required to use the same.

Good luck

Jim

Willey, Berry, Cox, Davis, Haddock, Hutton, Griffiths/Griffin, Tanner - Worcestershire
Cox, Dudley, Harris, Moore, Neville, Payne - Warwickshire
Chambers, Douds, Dryden, Given, Hamilton, Hassan, McPherson, McWhirter, Simpson, Taggart, Vauls, Whiteside - Ireland/Scotland, Northumberland
Challis, Halls, Heady, Grove, Lawrence - Essex
Foxwell, Imm, Ward - Gloucesteshire
Heady, Collis, Griffin - Hertfordshire
Hurling - Middlesex
Willey, Imm - Monmouthshire
Imm, Hamilton, Hedge, Majury, Sollis - US

Offline annesthreads

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 28 October 23 17:18 BST (UK) »

You maybe experiencing problems because ancestry are in the throes of
introducing 2FA (Two Factor Authorisation).

There have been many complaints from users of software that suppposedly synch? to trees
and they have been unable to connect without some addtion their usual login details.

Contact your software support and ask them what is required to use the same.

Good luck

Jim

Thanks Jim. Fingers crossed, I’m logged in now!