Author Topic: Mary McDONALD and Phillip DWYER  (Read 188 times)

Offline haney

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mary McDONALD and Phillip DWYER
« on: Saturday 28 October 23 21:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Everyone
    I am doing research on the above couple and hopefully I would like to find out more on Mary McDONALDS origins.

I was sent a "tree" from ancestry that stated Mary McDONALD was born in Fife Scotland 1734? and her mother Mary Ferguson was born in 1723.  I DON'T THINK SO!  Love those trees

This couple were living (at some stage) in CLARE ST DUBLIN at least in 1799 when their son in law HUGH VESTY BYRNE was arrested and taken to Kilmainham Gaol.  I am descended from Hugh and wife Sarah Dwyer Byrne via their 4th child Ann who was born at sea 1806 on the way to NSW

1796 - Possibly Sarah and Hugh married (Dublin) Sarah living?? Clare Street
1798 – Son Phillip born (He stayed in Ireland)
1798 – Rebellion broke out
1799 – Byrne arrested at Phillip DWYERS home. Hugh sent to Kilmaiham Gaol then Wicklow
1799 - An alternate marriage (suggested) of 26 May 1799 St. Nicholas Church! for Sarah and Hugh
1800 – Second son Michael born (aged 72) on mother Sarah's death certificate NSW 1872)
1806 -  Came to NSW as Exiles on the Tellicherry.

There has been a lot of research done over the years on Hugh Vesty Byrne and I fortunately have a lot of that which I am very grateful to all the wonderful researchers out there!

I would really love to know if there is anyway to find any records for the family in Dublin

As they are Catholic I know it is a bit tricky but hopefully some births/deaths/marriages/newspaper reports can be found.

Would the possibly be:-
A death/burial for PHILLIP DWYER or wife MARY nee McDONALD

A birth/baptism for SARAH DWYER born c 1778 Dublin (birth varies between 1774-1778)

Births of the children of Hugh BYRNE and Sarah nee Dwyer.

Any advice or help is very much appreciated.  Kindest regards Dianna

Offline dublin1850

• RootsChat Veteran
  • A great lover of Dublin history
    • View Profile
Re: Mary McDONALD and Phillip DWYER
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 28 October 23 23:15 BST (UK) »
There is a baptism of a Rosa Byrne in St Michan's 12 July 1801.
Parents Hugonis Byrne and Sarah Dwyer.
Sponsors Edwardo Barns, Maria Carroll.

You can see the above on registers.nli.ie along with the marriage you mention in St. Nicholas parish in 1799.
Coffey, Cummins [Rathfalla, Tipperary], Cummins [Skirke, Laois], Curran, Dillon [Clare], Fogarty [Garran, Laois/Tipp], Hughes, Keshan (Keeshan), Loughman [Harristown and Killadooley, Laois], Mallon [Armagh], Malone, Markham [Caherkine, Clare], McKeon(e) [Sligo/Kilkenny/Waterford], McNamara, Meagher, Prescott [Kilkenny/Waterford/Wexford?], Rafferty, Ryan, Sullivan, Tobin
GEDMatch: T665306 tested with Family Tree DNA and also with ancestry
GEDCOM file: 1980344

Offline haney

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mary McDONALD and Phillip DWYER
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 28 October 23 23:25 BST (UK) »
hi dublin 1850.  That is fantastic thanks so much for the information.  You mentioned the marriage also in 1799, that is interesting as we have the first child born in 1798.  May need clarifying (or cart before the horse situation).  Wonderful thank you.  Dianna