Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 5th November  (Read 1932 times)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 5th November
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday 07 November 23 08:20 GMT (UK) »
Yes Viktoria, your new neighbour, give him a few rules and regulations  to be a good neighbour to you, only joking but I am sure he will  be ok,

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday 07 November 23 11:11 GMT (UK) »
Thanks everyone, well my new neighbour is not too old to have his legs smacked, -either that or I will confiscate all his toys!
He and his brother are on a mission to restore all their Dinky,Matchbox and Corgi toys,cars, tractors, combine harvesters,  fire engines,army vehicles etc!

They played properly with them in sand and mud etc ,no pristine ones,but they were bought to play with.
I find it sad that such action  toys are to be found looking hardly used.

He does do jobs for me ,little repairs etc . It will be years before he moves in though, a nit picker if ever there was one ,well his brother is one too.
I can do all sorts of jobs as my O.H was really inept at practical jobs ,(but a treasure in other ways, aaaaaw!)

A dry,bright day here after a night of torrential rain ,so washing in and I must make a cheese and onion pie for tea, I had just two slices of cucumber yesterday with the salad I had and I paid for it all night!
For that reason it is years since I ate cucumber.

No funeral details as yet ,might be private , our local Bury Times will most probably have details in the Friday issue, but her daughter will surely let me know.
My son was working on the computers upstairs when my neighbour’s son in law called to tell me , but he heard what was said and ran after him to say how  sorry he was ,which I thought was very kind .
So I might not smack his legs today, although all his siocks needed opening up and turning the right way!Men!

Daughter phoned as usual last night ,Kyra,now then—- has discovered she can climb up using the smooth sliding out kitchen drawers !
Was perched on the worktop.Last seen playing on the floor.

Later she was missing  again,- somewhere in the house - whilst my daughter loaded the washer.She was with my daughter “ helping “‘putting socks in ,then just moved away, washer started and she had gone .
In the bath, just sitting there, thank goodness the taps are really hard to turn on .
However she got in is a mystery.She is so independent ,a good trait in many ways.
She is two on Friday. Looks much younger,is so tiny like her Mummy, but “ All there with the lemon drops”, an old Lancashire saying for someone quick and bright.
Well ,things to do like boil onions,grate cheese make pastry etc

Thanks again for your kind words, I am only sorry it was not possible to see my neighbour but her mental well-being was of greater importance ,she was settled and happy.

Cheerio.Viktoria.
P.S my other little friend is now having tests, it looks like a serious condition,
she is really ill, but at home as far as I know, stays in bed most of the time,she can’t hear the doorbell upstairs but the last time I checked she had sent samples off, and was having a scan., just as I had to do ( mine were perfectly OK) . Her daughter’s cancelled visit must have taken place later than the original plan and her other daughter who was not really involved now seems to be more helpful.
I can’t visit if she is in bed most of the time and not sure if she has an upstairs phone ,but anyway she never manages my “ call blocker “, just does  not understand the instructions .
However I got the ball rolling and her Dr,involved ,it is up to the family now.
I have finally convinced her that drinking more water is so beneficial in many ways.Her question then was “ What time do I have to drink it?”
Such little understanding ,but someone to be admired for her stoicism and
 determination to be as independant as possible , it is a good job in many ways she does not understand ,at least she is not worrying about the worst  scenario.
I hope I m wrong in what I think it is.
Cheerio really this time.
Look after yourselves.
Viktoria.

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Thursday 09 November 23 14:17 GMT (UK) »
Well ,just got a phone call from my little friend’s daughter, she is in a Rest Home , about a week and will be assessed, then depending on results either back home or carers going in .
Her symptoms were such that being at home was not really realistic, given her almost total blindness and so inability to cope with the results.

I am glad she will have care and be observed for a while ,I did not ask about her symptoms , so no idea exactly how she is.

I hope I can visit her but it is not local.

Cheerio, Viktoria.
Oooooer,I have realised  I am still in last week!
Must look for the new diary!M.