Author Topic: Synagogue Pontypridd  (Read 1174 times)

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Synagogue Pontypridd
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 31 October 23 20:35 GMT (UK) »
What 25 year rule is that?
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline swillliams

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 31 October 23 20:45 GMT (UK) »
MOD applying for service records of a soldier, I am just saying that the family cannot be 100% accurate because they may be giving me wrong information and because they refuse me to look at the service records.

You cannot look at service records without permission of next of kin, unless 25 years have passed since the death of the soldier

Online hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 31 October 23 21:06 GMT (UK) »

Offline swillliams

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 31 October 23 21:08 GMT (UK) »
Yes that is the family, I have that Newspaper Clipping. I have all that I can on my own, I phoned the pontypridd library and they have been able to help as much as they can

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 31 October 23 21:59 GMT (UK) »
MOD applying for service records of a soldier, I am just saying that the family cannot be 100% accurate because they may be giving me wrong information and because they refuse me to look at the service records.

You cannot look at service records without permission of next of kin, unless 25 years have passed since the death of the soldier

Sorry but I don’t understand what or who you are searching for. Your list of children from the mid to late 1800s and wanting to buy the service record for someone who has died within the last 25 years don’t add up. What are you hoping to find from the service records?
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline swillliams

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 31 October 23 22:21 GMT (UK) »
No the list of children is from the family that I am researching which has possible jewish ancestry, I was using the service man as an example of why I can't take my grandfathers word. It's not connected to this research question.

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 31 October 23 22:42 GMT (UK) »
Well there are plenty of records online on the free and subscription sites relating to the family. I suggest you need to buy a couple of the marriage certificates to see where they were married. If they indicate a Jewish ceremony then you can explore further. Many of us i am sure have discovered that family stories don’t tally with fact, so you need proof to take your research further (and accurately).

Offline Sam Swift

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 31 October 23 23:11 GMT (UK) »
Are any of the family buried in the Jewish section of Glyntaff Cemetery?

Offline swillliams

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 31 October 23 23:13 GMT (UK) »
When I went there in person I didn't see any buried in the Jewish Section but again I didn't know about this then, I have been having a look on the internet but I can phone them in the morning because the internet site that allows you to look up graves isn't the best.