Author Topic: ThruLines is gone  (Read 2287 times)

Online Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
Re: ThruLines is gone
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 06 December 23 09:28 GMT (UK) »
Very foolish if so. My parents have a very, very well defined origin. Ancestry has had their ethnic origin all over the map of Europe over the last 10 years! Mom was significantly Scandi and Spanish no less. All total nonsense. The only thing that the DNA test gives that is reliable is the matches!

Exactly, but the majority of customers with no interest in family history research don't know that and are simply drawn in by Ancestry's marketing, either as a point of interest for themselves or as a gift!

I guess we must admire the fact that you just have to look into your heart to know the motivations of "the majority of customers".

As for me, I know of no one who bought the DNA testing kit for the ethnicity estimates, but everyone found it an amusing after dinner topic or party piece, as in "what crazy part of the world does Ancestry say you are from again"?
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area