Author Topic: James Mooney Killygullib  (Read 199 times)

Offline anotherhugh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
James Mooney Killygullib
« on: Saturday 04 November 23 17:35 GMT (UK) »
Hello

Can anyone help me find out what happened to James Mooney who was born to James and Bridget (nee Kane) Mooney and baptised at the Drumagarner chapel in 1856.

In the 1901 census he living 14 Hervey Hill, Killygullib, CO Londonderry and is a farmer. His mother is also alive and present at the same address. He is single.

In 1903 his mother Bridget Mooney dies. He is present at death and marks with an X on the death certificate.

Then he is gone! In the 1911 census the same house is owned by the Oneill's.

I have looked in the surrounding roads where his brother Thomas lives and he is not there nor at other known relatives.

He cant read or write.

I cant seem to find a death record matching him. I have looked in Scotland too as his brother Hugh had moved there but no joy.

I have access to Ancestry etc. if anyone has any ideas i would be grateful.

Thanks

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: James Mooney Killygullib
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 04 November 23 20:15 GMT (UK) »
The 1898-1910 valuation revision book covering Killygullib Glebe shows a house and just over 9 acres of land leased to James Mooney, in the 1910-1929 book, James' name has been replaced with John (Mooney).

Offline anotherhugh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 04 November 23 20:35 GMT (UK) »
The 1898-1910 valuation revision book covering Killygullib Glebe shows a house and just over 9 acres of land leased to James Mooney, in the 1910-1929 book, James' name has been replaced with John (Mooney).

Thank you! I was aware of the 9 acres! Yes John Mooney another popular family name. I will try and look that book up online, does it say what house is leased?

I assumed the house 14 Hervey Hill was not part of the lease as i think the 3rd page of the census, attached suggest he is owner?

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 04 November 23 21:03 GMT (UK) »

I should have provided the link for you to see for yourself, the books have an index at the start which indicate the page you need to turn to.

https://apps.proni.gov.uk/Val12B/Search.aspx

Offline anotherhugh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 05 November 23 13:43 GMT (UK) »

I should have provided the link for you to see for yourself, the books have an index at the start which indicate the page you need to turn to.

https://apps.proni.gov.uk/Val12B/Search.aspx

Thanks, perfect!

Maybe this will narrow down a death record search.