Author Topic: Looking for OPR Birth & Baptism in Constantinople (Istanbul) 1800s  (Read 142 times)

Offline Fide et Fortitudine

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for OPR Birth & Baptism in Constantinople (Istanbul) 1800s
« on: Sunday 05 November 23 06:24 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I'm looking to verify an Old Parish Register for a Birth & Baptism at the Catholic Church of St. Peter & St. Paul in Constantinople (Istanbul), Turkey circa 1813 to 1823 (+/- 1 year).

I want document confirmation of the birth and baptism of Tomaso Louis MADELLA (sometimes spelled Tommaso), an Italian subject, son of Domenico MADELLA and Anna MARCOPOLI, both Italian, who were married in the same church on 1st November 1814. 

I have one source saying Tomaso was born and baptised in 1823, and another source saying it was 1813, which would make the birth illegitimate, so it's quite important to get the year right. 

How can I clear this up?  Are there any online resources for Catholic OPRs in Istanbul?  I found the address & tel. no. for the parish in question but no email address:  Church of SS. Peter and Paul,  Galata Kulesi Sok. (also written as Kuledibi) 44 /Istanbul, Turkey.  Tel. +90 212 249 23 85
Is there anyone on RootsChat living in Istanbul who could call the Parish Priest for me? They are probably a bit busy today, being a Sunday. 

Tomaso Louis Madella was one of 12 children.  More info here:  https://gw.geneanet.org/marmara2?lang=en&pz=mathilde&nz=d+andria&p=thomas+louis+dr&n=madella

On that record, his birth is given as 5th November, 1823 at SS. Peter & Paul, Constantinople -- BOOK 2/1 r (Image no. _8474).  Baptism in the same parish 28th November 1823 with Godfather Dr. Louis Bichi and Godmother Maria Riccio -- same book ref. no. and image no.  Where can I find those images and parish registers online? 

Coincidentally, Tomaso's birthday is today.  He was my GG grandfather. Happy Birthday, GG Grandad! :)

Many thanks in advance for any help.
Fide

Fide et Fortitudine - By fidelity and fortitude
"I force nae freen" - I force no friend and fear no foe

Offline Fide et Fortitudine

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for OPR Birth & Baptism in Constantinople (Istanbul) 1800s
« Reply #1 on: Monday 06 November 23 08:26 GMT (UK) »
I have received documentary evidence of Tomaso Madella's baptismal register, in 1823.  So this question has been resolved. 
Fide et Fortitudine - By fidelity and fortitude
"I force nae freen" - I force no friend and fear no foe