Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 12 November  (Read 878 times)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Diary summary week ending 12 November
« on: Monday 06 November 23 08:34 GMT (UK) »
Morning folks
Beautiful bright and brisk morning, hopefully we can have a few days like this to clear up what the rain did to the fields, on our journey we had to detour in Devon  around  Yeovil  and Sherbourne  area , the roads were still  flooded and we noticed numerous cars had just been left in quite dangerous positions  as their cars had  , I assume, become waterlogged . The farmers must be devastated at the fields flooding   we need some sunny days to clear it up, quite sad really,  I wish them luck.

Hope everyone is chipper  this morning, I might have  an easy day, left the house spic and span to go to Devon for the weekend, mainly  washing to be done, should be a relaxing  day.

LM

Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 12 November
« Reply #1 on: Monday 06 November 23 09:11 GMT (UK) »
Morning LM and everyone
Just catching up as we too have been away visiting family. I’m wondering if my grass is dry enough to give it a final cut or not. I was told you don’t cut the grass after bonfire night , but that was only yesterday ,so hopefully it’s not too far over. If it’s not dry enough, my grass will be shaggy all winter, as we’ve had so much rain like others have. Lots of weeds to shift too,  ready for the last garden bin collection of the year.
North East of England

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 06 November 23 14:43 GMT (UK) »
All our grass totally squelchy and ground saturated - for ages now. Had to put wellies on to walk third bench into winter quarters - a.k.a. greenhouse!
Mow lawn? more likely to fish it.
Ty
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 06 November 23 18:48 GMT (UK) »
I managed it! I brushed all the dew off first then waited a bit. It was the fastest cut I’ve ever done to keep my feet off it as much as possible. Then I cleaned the lawn mower off properly and will oil the blades once it’s all dried out. The grass looks loads better for being cut so I’m happy.
North East of England

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 09 November 23 14:55 GMT (UK) »
Lawn still totally saturated, so still no-mow - but at least this morning as it wasn't actually raining, I managed to de-moss a few metres of path near conservatory, and with a stiff brush, then huge garden dustpan & handbrush, sweep up three huge piles of fallen leaves off some paths, decanted them - soggiest on top - on side border, along with loads of juicy worms in the litter. Phew. Shower after, then almost recovered.
TY
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 09 November 23 15:18 GMT (UK) »
TY
 Sadly I think a lot of placess are still  suffering from last week floods, I only  saw tbe fields as we drove down south last week, I do wonder if the fields recover, we had 2 bright days this week but if is very cold today, but it still is November.

I went out at 08.15 this morning and the sun was dangerously low , I had to be very careful as I drove directly into the sun , not like the van driver on Sunday who drove into the back of my granddaughter's  car and has written it off, if only drivers were a little more careful.

Viktoria,  pleased to hear that your dear friend is being looked after and assessed  for either homecoming  or residential care, either way she is being looked after .

Keep warm everyone , chilly days ahead

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 09 November 23 16:54 GMT (UK) »
TY
 Sadly I think a lot of placess are still  suffering from last week floods, I only  saw tbe fields as we drove down south last week, I do wonder if the fields recover, we had 2 bright days this week but if is very cold today, but it still is November.

I grew up in the Gordano Valley, an offshoot of the Somerset Levels.
Both places are prone to flooding -and always recover
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 09 November 23 17:11 GMT (UK) »
Thank you K, from one who obviously knows, it does make you wonder though when on a train from Exeter to Teignmouth  and the river Teign had also flooded the area,  I just hope we have a few dry days if not weeks.

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 10 November 23 10:55 GMT (UK) »
Hello, I have been living in the past! Just carried on with last week’s diary!

No real news, Dr’s appt yesterday ,slow heartbeat hence the tiredness, so to stop Bisopralol ,a Beta blocker, but any palpitations and 111 immediately .

Soooo,  I have cleaned my bedroom , it is so packed with stuff normally in the room where my son has the computers for his work,no Broadband next door as yet .
All done and dusted.

Now to replace in their folders all the tarradiddle for my tax lady.
She has done it and all settled until next year BUT - Belgium will want them all again and their stuff also ,in about January, I never have to pay tax to Belgium,don’t have enough in pensions ,I wish they would just go away!
Nothing in English now after Brexit ,fortunately my eldest son is still fluent in Flemish ,thank goodness.

A lovely morning so washing in,dark stuff.

Must remember the ex Deputy Head’sB/day on 14th. ,she and I attended the same school ,she was shy and always on her own so we slightly older girls included her in our group, eventually she did get less shy and made friends  in her own form.

Well a cuppa and then tackle this filing !

Sorry about another car damaged,
It really makes you wonder, often such impatience!
Hope it all works out well.

Cheerio folks ,look after yourselves.
Viktoria.