Author Topic: Messaging multiple people in one message on ancestry  (Read 224 times)

Offline jonwicken

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Messaging multiple people in one message on ancestry
« on: Monday 06 November 23 22:45 GMT (UK) »
Ancestry now has the function to message multiple people and this should be helpful for DNA clusters to message them all together.

However, ancestry has more than one user with the same name, so how do I know which person is which when I select them? Can anyone please help with this?

For example I have in a DNA matches, a person called Sue. Let's give her the surname Grimes. She has a photo in her profile, but when I type in Sue Grimes, it brings up the accounts of 8 Sue Grimes, not one of which has the photo.

How am I supposed to therefore add them to this group message and know I have the correct one?!

If we could see the ancestry user name in DNA matches, as opposed to just the name, then we could resolve this. But right now I have no idea how to use the multiple message function effectively.

Does anyone please have any tips at all?

Thanks,
Jon

Online manukarik

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Messaging multiple people in one message on ancestry
« Reply #1 on: Monday 06 November 23 23:07 GMT (UK) »
It was apparently possible to find someone's username with Chrome Developer tools but it doesn't seem to work any more. :(

Apparently we can't see other's usernames for privacy reasons.
Clarkson, Tolladay, Prevost, Killick, Hicks

Offline jonwicken

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Messaging multiple people in one message on ancestry
« Reply #2 on: Monday 06 November 23 23:32 GMT (UK) »
OK, Thank you.

It all sadly seems a bit of a pointless tool the way it is, and it could actually be very helpful!