Author Topic: Marriage within the LDS communities.  (Read 1756 times)

Offline Essnell

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage within the LDS communities.
« Reply #36 on: Monday 29 January 24 04:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi  bbart and others,

I followed that link about Bright Seas: Pioneer Spirits. 

Computer for once complied and worth the effort:-  I managed to view one page - very interesting .
Cowperthwaite certainly dealt big. 

Now this is all in British Columbia Canada and circa 1906. Quite interesting the comments re connections in South Africa.  That has been said before but not in this way.   No one really knows.

I have looked into Howe Sound and got a pic.  Beautiful place. 
One interesting fact is that there is a town called Gibsons on the west bank and quite close to the northern parts of Vancouver.  It has to have been named after Margaret.   I wasn't able to print from the amazon site so I sat and wrote it all out. Saved the whole page.  I shall PM you the link. 

Where I found info on the Sound said there has been work by the still existing mine on cleaning up the waste and polution etc all through the Sound.  This was in 1998.
Between 1904 to 1974 the Britannia Mine was one of the largest copper mines in the world. The town ship was home to 60,000 persons  from 50 countries at one point.

I am going to try to borrow the book from one of our libraries.  I just need to know what eventually happened.  Too curious to stop at this point..   

Essnell.