Author Topic: The Holy Grail of the the Kitchen trees.  (Read 108 times)

Online up2you2

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
The Holy Grail of the the Kitchen trees.
« on: Thursday 09 November 23 04:20 GMT (UK) »
Unbeknownst to me, before I came across Marfy Goodspeed's article, I was trying to trace back a whole host of Kitchens, which were not attributable to belonging to the Henry Kitchen (c.1690 – 1745) m. c.1720 Ann Wheeler (c.1690 – after 1748) line.
Research lead me to the oldest of these three brothers: (2.1) James Kitchen (1679 – 1761) m. c.1725 Elizabeth Furman (1695 – 1776).
Which in turn lead me to this article below.

Tremendous research all sourced and confirmed has been made on this Wheeler line during the past six years, with my half sister's DNA recorded on 23&me.
So it now begs the question as to whether or not a match can be confirmed to the descendants of the Furham and Lambert lines.
This would be the foundation to try and get these branches as definitive as possible.

The Kitchen Tree

April 3, 2020
By Marfy Goodspeed in Families, Kitchen 7 Comments    Tags: family trees   

This Kitchen family arrived in Hunterdon County in the early 1720s, and quickly became established. I’ve published this tree to support “Kitchen’s Mill,” my article about property in Sand Brook, Hunterdon County, owned by Henry Kitchen and his son Samuel.

There are other Kitchens who appeared in Hunterdon County, but I do not know if they were connected to Henry and his brothers or not. They are listed at the end of the page. Children of Kitchen daughters are included but not grandchildren. Surnames of spouses who have a family tree on this website are highlighted in green.
First Generation:

(1) Unknown Kitchen of Salem, Massachusetts ?

Most researchers identify the Kitchen brothers of Hunterdon (second generation) as sons of a John Kitchen of Salem, Massachusetts. However, I have not seen convincing evidence that the John Kitchen who did reside in Salem was actually the father of the three brothers.
Second Generation:

|     (2.1) James Kitchen (1679 – 1761) m. c.1725 Elizabeth Furman (1695 – 1776)
|     (2.2) Henry Kitchen (c.1690 – 1745) m. c.1720 Ann Wheeler (c.1690 – after 1748)
|     (2.3) Thomas Kitchen (c.1690 – 1764) m. c.1725 Sarah Lambert (c.1690 – c.1770)