Author Topic: Week ending Saturday November 18 th  (Read 1586 times)

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Week ending Saturday November 18 th
« on: Monday 13 November 23 00:40 GMT (UK) »
Well here I am at almost twenty minutes past midnight!
Can’t sleep so on iPad .
I might go downstairs and make a milky drink.

Been checking my heart rate, Dr. took me off the BetaBlocker as my pulse was so slow ,only 55 beats per minute with a little hiccup now and then  :-\
Don’t know if it is relevant. 66-88 is the normal range .
A full heart check next week unless my pulse speeds up a lot then I must  phone 111 immediately.

Seemingly I have been overlooked re the regular checks I ought to have been having ,a new computer system quite some time ago has not included me!!!
I have been O.K. though.

Well my little friend has discharged herself from the respite care that eventually was put in place , her daughters won’t be pleased at all especially given some very severe symptoms.
I feel sorry she has done that as it was partly observational and some proper
treatment would have been started plus convenience goods delivered free to assist with her symptoms.
Another friend she has is ,like me most ,concerned but there is nothing we can do.

Grand daughter popped in on Friday on her way to Bolton to meet up with her friend there ,then on Saturday to M/c Airport for a weekend in Copenhagen .I think it was Friday —— yes,so Part of Saturday,Sunday and leave Tuesday morning .
She got flights for only £40,hotel £123.
She will call again  on Tuesday ,then back to Suffolk.
She is a nice girl , has done well despite some health issues.

Well I must get that milky drink and get some sleep .
Cheerio. Viktoria.
P.S. I only stayed up late to start another week !
Not really.V.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Week ending Saturday November 18 th
« Reply #1 on: Monday 13 November 23 08:41 GMT (UK) »
Morning early bird!!
I have no idea what my regular heart beat or BP  is,  I just jog along till I get called to have à check at the Drs and I haven't had my BP checked for ages.

I am  sorry your little friend  discharged herself before they managed to sort her problems out, she obviously is strong willed, her daughter must be worried.

Wet morning, no change there then,  a bit monotonous all these wet damp mornings, yesterday it was 3 degrees when I went out at 08.30 to church.

Postman just arrived, our post is getting earlier now, used to be nearer  lunch time, off to check what begging letters I have, the norm for the post lately

LM

Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 13 November 23 09:04 GMT (UK) »
Well done on thwarting others being first to start this weeks thread Viktoria!  Good move .. that was crafty staying up to just past midnight. ;) ;D

That is a shame the new computer system overlooked you; it does make you wonder if people would be better than A.I.?  I hope things get sorted out for you soon.
That sounds worrying about your friend, I can understand your concern.  But I also think it is a good thing that we all have a right to make our own choices even if deemed unwise ones.
Yesterday, the speaker at Church mentioned a Bernard Jordan who absconded from his care home to pay his respects to his fallen comrades.  I googled this after the service.  Fascinating story, and now a film starring Michael Caine.  Still no sign of a new Pastor on the horizon.  But another Church member has told me he thinks we will hear about it in the New Year.  This is just hearsay but I hope he is right.

I went along to book my annual checkup last Monday.  I gave various dates and was quite pleased when the receptionist kept saying "fully booked!". I don't really like going for an appointment.  Don't like that I am now of an age for this; it's not a sensible view but that's how it is.  I have got a date for the end of the month.  The receptionist said "Happy Birthday".   I said "Oh, I had forgotten it was my birthday".  Then I suddenly thought she might think I have dementia so I added quickly "I mean I had momentarily forgotton it was my birthday; I know it is my birthday.".

Thank you for the kind words on the October thread.  I do have things concerning me at the moment, mostly my close relative who is undergoing treatment.  That is true distraction helps when things are out of your hands.

By the way, I did like the sound of this last vegetarian meal you mentioned KGarrad.  Yummy!

Other things .. the bus strike here goes on which is causing a lot of inconvenience for people.  Plus I hate this cold weather.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 13 November 23 09:22 GMT (UK) »
I get my Blood Pressure checked 2 or 3 times per year. And all recorded on Patient Access, which I can look at via my computer at any time.
I can see all my test results on there, too.

Storm Debi has hit - although BBC Weather seems to be unaware of our amber warning?
Probably because we have our own (IOM) Met office.
I sometimes wonder why I have a TV licence when IOM gets overlooked so often?

Going back to Tax Office issues - I can walk into the Tax Office, and seek advice any time they are open.
I did this a few years ago when I started to be paid for FH Research. Taxman isn't interested in my meager earnings!
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 13 November 23 11:46 GMT (UK) »
When did they let him out?
That tax man . Most unlike Inland Revenue ,——I get a very small pension to which my O.H contributed many many years ago,it is £20 per month but it has to be included with my other pensions,ie State, Work  and Belgian .
That sounds a lot but my works one started late as part timers could not be included ,so I had very few contributing years with that which was a good one if you worked full time.The Belgian one is for the almost twelve years my O.H contributed to that State scheme , but his British one was reduced accordingly and so is my Widow’s pension.
I am O.K though and feel lucky. However our generation know how to budget and make do and mend!

Sermon over.
Just  about to stutch a big soft scarf, if my neck at the back is warm I feel  warmer  generally, the scarf is soft cotton, crinkly and far too long so I am halving it
then I will have two ,as I only have  about 25, various types but a pretty scarf can set off an outfit nicely .
Well off to work ,the oven was a disgrace after roast pork and roast potatoes yesterday, so sprayed it and left it overnight ,will wipe it out in a while then set it to self clean with a glass of water in the well at the bottom of the oven,then it just needs a wipe out but that programme is rubbish on its own .
I hate the man who invented ovens like these, did not have to clean the beggars!
So on that combative mood I might tackle the oven before the sewing!
Cheerio, Viktoria.

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 13 November 23 14:33 GMT (UK) »
Miserable weather, really wet and quite frightening winds here on the edge of the Pennines already. Not a downspout has detached itself from the guttering - or vice versa. Another thing to fix or get fixed. Oh dear .... roll on spring.
TY
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 13 November 23 16:34 GMT (UK) »
I hope all will fare well during storm Debi.  It sounds like it is blowing a gale outside now, here on Tyneside.  It has been such a miserable looking grey day, very cold, wet and windy.  I have read the IoM has had sand storms, KGarrad.   Yes, roll on the spring, Threlfallyorky. I think I had better wait till early morning to risk putting the bin collection out.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 13 November 23 16:43 GMT (UK) »
I hope all will fare well during storm Debi.  It sounds like it is blowing a gale outside now, here on Tyneside.  It has been such a miserable looking grey day, very cold, wet and windy.  I have read the IoM has had sand storms, KGarrad.   Yes, roll on the spring, Threlfallyorky. I think I had better wait till early morning to risk putting the bin collection out.

Nothing on local news?
Mind you, I haven't ventured out today! Strong winds (60mph+) aren't conducive to my balance issues??!
Trees down across the island.
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 13 November 23 16:54 GMT (UK) »
I thought I saw that on google but on checking again I think it might have been old news. :-[  I hope you are not having sand storms.
Workmen have been out in my street today .. still on fitting the new plastic gas pipes.  I think they may have given up early on account of the weather.  I do feel very sorry for people who have to work outside in conditions like this.