Author Topic: Week ending Saturday November 18 th  (Read 1583 times)

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Week ending Saturday November 18 th
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 15 November 23 11:34 GMT (UK) »
When is stir up Sunday?

At 8am it was beautiful  here in Essex,  whoopty woo I thought, get washing out, but oh no, it is pouring with rain again now,

LM

Ooh! I've discovered that after all I'm early this year with my puddings - Stir Up Sunday will be 26th November, the last Sunday before Advent.  That's what comes from not being a regular churchgoer.  Anyway today is day 3 of the procedure.  Day 1, soak the soft fruit in orange juice/brandy, day 2 add the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly, day 3 put the mixture into basins and steam for countless hours.  Mine are now steaming away in the slow cooker - no steamy kitchen with this method, but they'll probably cook all day.  When they are to be served on Christmas Day we slice them into segments and microwave them for a few minutes. 

Grannie's recipe is good and boozy.  My mother was a teetotaller, so hers had no alcohol at all in it.

RTL
We can book surgery appointments online, but they prefer you to ring and be "triaged" by the receptionist, who will then be able to inform the doctor in advance of your problem. the doctor will ring you back and discuss your symptoms over the phone before deciding whether he/she needs to see you.   Sometimes they ask you to send a photograph - a friend had a swelling on the back of her upper arm and was asked to send a photo, something that she found quite impossible to achieve!
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 16 November 23 10:14 GMT (UK) »
This morning we set off to our nearest town for a supermarket shop, only to be forced to turn back because the country roads were so badly flooded.  It had rained all night and shows no sign of stopping now.  Maybe tomorrow, then....
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 16 November 23 14:51 GMT (UK) »
Very heavy rain here too Gillig ,but being a good way up the valley slope nothing really lingers.
In 2014,Christmas time it was staggering how high up the valley sides The Irwell got,aided and abetted by the many disused mill lodges formerly used for the many steam engines powering the mills,but now pretty neglected.
So water came up from the river and down from the flooded lodges,but the lodges did  originally discharge in to the river ,so up or down it was flooded either way.
Such a dark day ,really miserable.

I have had a blitz on paperwork ,I do have files for things but there was an accumulation needing to be put away.
I am usually pretty good ,never know how long I need to keep bank statements etc.

Son off South for a meeting tomorrow, only away until tomorrow evening —-
I get so much done when he is away.

Off for my E.C.G. Saturday,re very slow heart rate and extreme tiredness, but I do feel better since last week when Bisopralol was stopped.
It will get sorted.

Grand daughter phoned,another exam under her belt ,so pleased for her .
She is working full time ,well day release,and has sailed through, Accountancy, Grandad, would have been very pleased for her.
Must remember daughter’sB/day on 22 nd, Grandad’s 26th ,he always said she was the best Birthday present ever.

Well a cuppa calls then some more tidying .
Look after yourselves folks .
Viktoria.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 18 November 23 11:21 GMT (UK) »
Good morning  all
After not such a good week weatherwise we had a beautiful day yesterday, sun all day and I was so thankful as we had a funeral to go to , it does make all the difference if the weather is dry and better still, sunny.

Today rain and miserable, luckily not doing very much  have made 2 huge trifles for the church Christmas dinner tonight,  last year it was a midday meal, so much better for me, so after the clearing up I will have to drive home at silly o/clock in the dark tonight on my own not happy about that at all.

I hope everyone has some drying out weather soon, getting a bit boring, is t it?

Hope all goes well for you today Viktoria.

Gillg,  your pudding will turn put just fine, extra time to mature,

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Jool

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • James Dodson, beautifully restored by mozza29
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 18 November 23 12:59 GMT (UK) »

We can book surgery appointments online, but they prefer you to ring and be "triaged" by the receptionist, who will then be able to inform the doctor in advance of your problem. the doctor will ring you back and discuss your symptoms over the phone before deciding whether he/she needs to see you.   Sometimes they ask you to send a photograph - a friend had a swelling on the back of her upper arm and was asked to send a photo, something that she found quite impossible to achieve!

During lockdown I developed an infection under my big toe nail, it had become very painful and there was a red line running up my leg from it.  I rang the surgery and was asked to send photos, which I did.

Later in the day the doctor called me and said he would send a prescription for antibiotics.  He then went on to say that from the photos he could see that I had fungal nail infection on all of my toenails which also needed to be treated.  I had to laugh and tell him that what he was seeing was the neutral coloured nail varnish on my toenails that had begun to wear off in places  ::).  It just goes to show that looking at a photo can result in an incorrect diagnosis.
Robbins - Wolverhampton.
Spooner - Monmouthshire & Wolverhampton.
Warner & Loundes - Dudley/West Bromwich.
Dod(g)son - Heysham/Liverpool/Wolverhampton

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 18 November 23 19:03 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Louisa Maud ,It is Ischaemic Heart Disease.
A follow on that often affects people who have had a heart attack.
I will be looked after by my G,P I know ,so not going to worry .
I have lived 14 years since my heart attack in 2009. and been very well ,got back to dog walking in a very short space of time .
Only very recently felt tired.
As long as I don’t outlive my own teeth.!

I always wanted a final disease that gave me warning so the house will be clean and tidy!

I will know more on Monday , a message ——to my Health Centre for an appointment on Monday , was sent so I have to check about that on Monday, problem is try getting through on the phone anytime , but MONDAY!
I’ll be lucky!
It will work out.

Discussed with my daughter on  Monday ( she phones every Monday  and we chat all evening)
.She was explaining last week how unfair it is on people who have worked and saved and been careful ,as with her Mother in Law, when they need residential care.
I want my husband’s hard work to mean there will be something for our
children.
They gave us no problems ,worked whilst at Uni ,studied hard and are financially O.K.
But even the house would go to pay for residential care.
Mind you- I can see me being asked to leave residential care for being a disruptive influence !
Like Stephanie ——— ? In “ Waiting for God”.
Well son has not eaten yet so he said an omelette would be fine,a mushroom and ham one, with oven chips and salad.

Cheerio .
Viktoria.

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 20 November 23 12:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Viktoria, I hope you do get to outlive your teeth ..  It's probably keeping busy that keeps you going - that and having a sharp mind!   :) 

Gilly, I am glad the booking system is okay for you.  Unfortunately, I only have a pay as you go phone which gobbles up my credit if I go on the 'your call is very important to us' loop.  No matter now though as I can just call in in person to book. 

Hope you manage to get through to the health centre today without much ado Viktoria!
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 20 November 23 13:18 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou, however the Health Centre have not been in touch re the time,they  say they do not have an email from the Nurse who did the ECG.asking for an urgent appointment today ,however they said a Dr. Would phone me today at 1-30,——.

So sitting here waiting .
Blind man ( he has full vision but fits blinds!)came despite me cancelling his visit today as I did not know the time of the appointment which I found out does not exist —— are you still with me?
 >:( ;D >:( ;D >:( ;D

Big thrill, got the Atorvastatin instead of Pravastatin and Ezetimibe to lower cholesterol.Pharmacy delivered those.

So just sitting waiting, I never can get on with things when expecting a call or visit.
Beef stew I think for tea,might use the pressure cooker.
I need a few carrots ,son does not like them but they add flavour .
He will just have to pick them out , ate them as a boy,I blame his ex wife!

Well thanks again , Viktoria.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 20 November 23 17:00 GMT (UK) »
Viktoria
Hope you had some news today,
enjoy your beef stew, sounds nice, reminds me I ought to do one soon, 8 fet fed up with thinking of something different to do.
SIGNING OFF FROM  HERE ON TO NEW WEEK
LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London