Author Topic: Lookup request please marriage  (Read 1674 times)

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Lookup request please marriage
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 16 November 23 21:42 GMT (UK) »
Just to point out slight difference in information
Margaret and Robert (the tree mentions name changes) - married 3 yrs no children to the marriage by 1911.
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Cork/Cork_No__3_Urban/Military_Road/386356/
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ork23110

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 16 November 23 22:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi heywood, that info is incorrect, twins born 1909 boy and girl, died within about a month of one another, second death about 3 weeks before census rgds J
He subsequently left t army and the moved to Coventry possibly just as a couple unsure of the circumstances but he died accidentally in 1913 (hit by a horse I think, unlucky end for someone who was an army groom)

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 17 November 23 07:05 GMT (UK) »
Sorry. I didn’t check births/deaths - just the census information - the poor family.
It was also that Robert was still ‘Robert’ in 1911 so it was just a note for your records.

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 17 November 23 07:40 GMT (UK) »
“So I think I have Thomas + one to find, remembering that Thomas 4714 pte 2 RDF died 1900 so still can't rule him out.”

A couple of thoughts.
Would the death certificate of the soldier, if it can be obtained, give any personal details to identify him? I would think not.

The snippets, I mentioned a while ago, report on Private T O’Donoghue’s death in various newspapers e.g. Bristol, Dublin, Ballymena but I don’t see a mention in the Cork Examiner which does have other Ladysmith reports.

Fuller access to the articles might give further information.
Might it also be worth contacting Cork archives (if there are any) to check?

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 17 November 23 09:26 GMT (UK) »

...that info is incorrect, twins born 1908 boy and girl, died within about a month of one another, second death about 3 weeks before census

Twins (boy and girl) born 11 April 1909.
Esther Louisa and Robert.

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1909/01607/1645094.pdf
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1909/01607/1645095.pdf

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 17 November 23 10:27 GMT (UK) »
There is a T O’Donoghoe RDF Boar War II, St Stephen’s Green and a T O’Donoghue RDF Boar War II, Cork Connaught Ave on there respective Boar War memorials.
http://www.irishwarmemorials.ie/Persons?name=&warId=13&regId=&siteId=&memoId=&letter=&sortO=1&fr=1250

Offline ork23110

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 17 November 23 11:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi all, thanks for the comments, I'm not sure if the Cork Examiner would list someone born in Dublin and RDF, there are archives in Cork just not sure if they have any of the info that I need. I guess a death cert wouldn't have any info of a parent unless they certified present at death which is not the case, I thought maybe the cwgc would have listed NOK but can't see that, his father or wife's name must be there somewhere in the army death records. But where, for the record His sister Margaret died in the 1950s having buried 3 husbands and 2 children. Rgds J

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 17 November 23 11:19 GMT (UK) »
As I wrote though, there are reports of the casualty in various newspapers, not just Ireland.
If his family were living in Cork, that would be every reason to report the incident.

There are several reports in the Cork newspapers in March 1900 re Ladysmith.
The Dublin Daily National 22nd March mentions Private T O’Donoghue.

Offline Abhanliath

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 17 November 23 11:20 GMT (UK) »
The Irish death registration normally has the person's address, though sometimes it's just the hospital where they die. If you're lucky it has the profession, address, and (if not in hospital) often a relative who was present at their death. Of course, it'll only be an Irish death registration if he died in Ireland.