Author Topic: DNA Mystery  (Read 507 times)

Offline Glen in Tinsel Kni

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Scottish Borders
    • View Profile
Re: DNA Mystery
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 21 November 23 17:41 GMT (UK) »
When You say the dna matches are 5th cousins do you mean they go back 5 generations

Or could it be 5th  cousin level which could also be 2nd or 3rd cousins 2 or 3 times removed .

It's common  to find people who are biologically different generations even when similar age range

3x removed......hold my beer ;D ;D

My grandparents had a 20 odd year age gap and both had multiple relationships before and after their time together.  I have 20 half and full aunts/uncles born between 1886 and 1936.  I came along in 1966. 

My grandfather was 19 when his firstborn arrived. The average gap between generations from that oldest child down to the present day is less than 20 years. Needless to say relationship predictors don't really work for me on that particular line.

Online brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
Re: DNA Mystery
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 21 November 23 19:30 GMT (UK) »
im lucky as i have control of 3 generations of dna tests my aunts + my nephew

so if my aunt is cousin once removed from someone my nephew is 3x removed

my grandfather was 2nd youngest of 11 and so there are big age differences betweenhimand his cousins and me and my second cousins .the dna tests are being taken by their grandchildren + great grandchildren .

+ ancestry results  clearly shows cousins + 2nd cousins with levels of generational removed  from large families

amanda if you can find the married daughters + wives of the people who have dna souter matches do a surname search for those surnames too ,this can confirm if the connection is more than raandom

Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson