Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 26th November  (Read 2088 times)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Diary summary week ending 26th November
« on: Monday 20 November 23 17:05 GMT (UK) »
Good afternoon all
Hope everyone is chipper today

Been quite a nice day after a windy day yesterday.

Have been into the loft to retrieve all my Fayre goods for the church Fayre on Saturday,  comes round  far to quickly, so now I have to ticket them all up,   time consuming  and back aching

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 26th November
« Reply #1 on: Monday 20 November 23 17:06 GMT (UK) »
BUT - it might keep you out of mischief.  :-\ :o
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 20 November 23 17:39 GMT (UK) »
Yes BB it will and  normally  is a happy day, it is hard work but as long  as I made good money for the church I am happy

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 20 November 23 20:18 GMT (UK) »
Good for you!  Personally, not religious (I gave it up when I was 13), but I do acknowledge good works.
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 20 November 23 21:26 GMT (UK) »
Thank you BB   we all  have to appreciate  we all have different views, I have a friend of over 50 years, don't agree on politics and religion but we never argue, we respect each others views, doesn't   mean we don't have discussions.

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Online Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 21 November 23 00:05 GMT (UK) »
Good luck LM for your Fayre this coming Saturday…

We have got our Christmas Fayre on Saturday 2nd December… we only do it every two years and it seems to have come round quickly! We’ve got a good selection of stalls this year and once again raising  money for Northamptonshire Young Carers, so hope we get lots of peeps and it’s a nice day.

Viktoria I hope you got your call from the docs and you weren’t hanging around for too long waiting..

Weathers been windy but sunny today and yesterday was mild.. still got plenty of leaves to clear up.. wish they’d hurry up and all come down now fed up with doing it one day, looking out the next morning and it looks as if we’ve not bothered..😩😩..
the smoke bush still looks absolutely wonderful with beautiful colours as does the beech hedge.. our fuchsias are still flowering and still some roses.. cyclamen also looking pretty under the trees. Just goes to show how having no frosts, as yet, has kept the garden looking colourful… sadly the grass is still growing too!

Off to The Good Food show at the NEC on Thursday with a friend, our annual visit, so looking forward to a change from all the sewing I’ve been doing for our Christmas Fayre!

Spending Christmas with our daughter and family so looking forward to an enjoyable time with them, then down to Brighton to sister in laws for family get together on 27th Dec…

Hope all are keeping well

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 21 November 23 02:30 GMT (UK) »
Hope you have a successful day at the fayre LM.  The last time I made anything was to raise money for the local church school a few decades ago.  I had some sample  pure cotton swatches and decided to make some dresses & matching hats for size 18 inch dolls.

Not one set of clothing was sold due to the local children only having the then modern Barbie dolls :-)

It was perishing cold all through the night - upon investigation when dawn eventually woke a few local birds, I went to investigate and found that a window, which I thought was closed, had been left open a "chink" then had been made wider by the rain and wind

My son and two pre-school grand daughters visited me,  Apparently I'm not known as "grandma" but as "Old Macdonald had a farm", with them interjecting with "again", whenever I stop :-)   During this visit I gave my fingers some exercise by singing Ten Green Bottles Standing On the Wall, tra la la.     I'm thinking I ought to get them to be pro-active;  so maybe I might  introduce them to the song "Heads, Shoulders, Knees And toes".

I've started de-cluttering.  The bottom of my wardrobe is full of boxes of shoes that I've worn over the decades, such as "stilettos";  "winkle pickers", "granny shoes", etc. and at my age will never wear again.  Son took half of them to the charity shop for me. 
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 21 November 23 09:04 GMT (UK) »
Morning all
Rena I love a good declutter! I kept some work skirts and corresponding very low heeled shoes for years ‘ just in case’. After all they still fitted me . However just in case never came as I wore smart dress trousers and flats for the rest of my work time , so they’ve now all just gone to our charity shop seeing as I have now retired.
We have winter sunshine today which is lovely for a change after all the rain.
North East of England

Offline Jebber

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 21 November 23 10:33 GMT (UK) »
I am also trying to declutter, son took two large bin bags of shoes, boots and winter clothes to the charity shop last month. Have as much again in summer shoes and clothes to go in the spring.

One granddaughter. keen on baking, has relieved me of some cookery books. More will go to a daughter-in-law and another granddaughter. Hopefully they will relieve me of the sets of graduated tins used for wedding cakes.

Our Church Fayre is also this Saturday. Although I'm no longer able to attend, I always donate several raffle prizes, I have also donated books, jewellery and several other things for the  Pre-loved stall.

We have four Fayres a year, hopefully they will raise a good sum again. It's surprising how much has been raised already this year, considering the financial restraints affecting most people at this time.

Good luck to everybody involved in Fayres, I know it involves a lot of hard work, all the preparation beforehand and then the clearing up afterwards. I remember how exhausted I used to be afterwards.
CHOULES All ,  COKER Harwich Essex & Rochester Kent 
COLE Gt. Oakley, & Lt. Oakley, Essex.
DUNCAN Kent
EVERITT Colchester,  Dovercourt & Harwich Essex
GULLIVER/GULLOFER Fifehead Magdalen Dorset
HORSCROFT Kent.
KING Sturminster Newton, Dorset. MONK Odiham Ham.
SCOTT Wrabness, Essex
WILKINS Stour Provost, Dorset.
WICKHAM All in North Essex.
WICKHAM Medway Towns, Kent from 1880
WICKHAM, Ipswich, Suffolk.