Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 26th November  (Read 2089 times)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 26th November
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 25 November 23 19:54 GMT (UK) »
Oh dear Viktoria,  it is sad to see someone so young depart but you have said the right words,  he is with those he has loved  and have gone before him

RTL, so pleased your  young grandson  is doing fine, the power of prayer?

I have been busy all of the day at the church fayre, it was jolly hard work but hopefully it shows in the  takings, I sold most of my goods on my  £1 stall, it is rewarding  when you see the children who have had their eye on a certain thing actually win it,  their faces are a picture.

Minus 2 degrees in the car at 08.30 this morning, hope it is not so tomorrow at 08.30.

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 25 November 23 21:56 GMT (UK) »
Well done L.M., I do miss our Fayres.
Band concert in church tomorrow.Eldest son and his wife are coming and a lady I know who is alone .
It will be full.

I have been looking up Utility Warehouse, re performance etc, some very good reports and the financial wizard on TV has said they were good.
I don’t want to change broadband or TV etc just energy.
I have my bills from EDF ready re units prices and those flipping daily charges
imposed upon us.
The whole package is cheaper ,but I only want a quote for energy.

Well an early night tonight. I am tired, hope it is not so cold tomorrow .
Look after yourselves folks ,a new Diary soon !

Viktoria.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 25 November 23 22:15 GMT (UK) »
Yes Viktoris, new diary and DECEMBER , it has come upon  us very quickly but when you think of Covid who would believe how long ago that was
LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Online Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 25 November 23 22:42 GMT (UK) »
Viktoria- I’m so very sorry that you heard news of your friends sons death so soon after she herself had heard. A tragedy at the age of 66 … I’m sure your call, card and thoughts of flowers will be a comfort to her.
Hope all your results come back as expected… you seem to have had prompt service from NHS which is always good to hear.

RTL- nice to hear from you and also sorry to hear about your young grandson, hopefully the power of prayer is making you and them deal with the challenging times.
My the chap at the bus stop sounds quite a weird one! Some people struggle these days for company and talking to anyone who will listen probably helps him if a little unnerving to others!
Sorry to hear about your friend with relatives in Gaza, such a worrying time for all those connected. My father was in the Palestine Police force in the 30’s before the war and returned in 1948 when Israel was set up… I have been thinking about what he’d have to say about the current situation…

LM - glad to hear you’ve had a good day and hope you’ve raised lots of money.. they’re tiring days but the rewards outway the suffering! If you weather was like ours today, cold but sunny that always helps to bring people in.

Well I’ve been sewing like a demon for these last few weeks and now only a week to go until our Christmas Fayre… my husband thinks he’s living on his own as I’ve not been much company recently! But he has played golf three days this week so who can talk!!
24 Christmas wreaths to make up on Thursday, three cakes to bake and mince pies as well as finishing off sewing, setting up the hall on Friday so a busy week.

Enjoy your services those that attend church .. I’m looking forward to our Carol concert this year as I’ll actually be here to attend.

Night all, keep well and healthy

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 26 November 23 06:01 GMT (UK) »
Congratulations on the success of the fair LM  and best of luck with Christmas crafts work Caroline.
Yes, my Grandson seems heading in the right direction and still manages to keep smiling somehow.  I do believe all thanks to many prayers going up.  Thanks for all kind words.
My heart bleeds for my friend; this too seems surreal what she is going through.😱
The man at the bus stand seemed very nice and friendly - I did wonder if there might be a reason for all the Betty this and Mary that.  Might he have had early onset dementia?  I will never know.  The other woman seemed very disgruntled about it, I think she might have thought he was on wind up.
I am on early start shift so must head off to bus stop now.  I have had to type fast here! Not looking forward to the cold - it looks frosty outside.  Have a good day everyone. :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 26 November 23 07:24 GMT (UK) »
Good morning RTL,  early bird, do hope it is not as cold for you as it is here, heavy frost on my car which I will  have to scrape off by 08.30. So pleased your little  lad is coming along nicely, will  he get to ring the bell,? my friend finishes her treatment this week and is going to ring the bell.

Perhaps the man at the bus stop calls every female Betty or Mary, at least he wasn't aggressive,  I did wonder if he had a problem, don't think I would have taken offence, if I had been worried I don't think I would engaged in conversation but poor man just might have wanted someone to talk to.

Lots are busy with bazaars now, it is rewarding  if you have a crowd of happy people, 2 peoples were  noticed only sat and ate, never spend money on the stalls,  they ate and sat reading a paper,  thought that strange but it takes all sorts. It is so nice nice to see the children who win a prize specially I it is something they had their eye on, I do a children's stall and an adult one as well, seems to work.

Considering we have no passing traffic or people we did well, rough estimate about £900, the best we have taken I think.

Good luck with your bazaar Caroline.
It is jolly cold and I am up before the heating is on but it will  warm up.

Ha e a good day folks, keep warm

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 26 November 23 11:16 GMT (UK) »
Hello all you regular participants!
Most unusually I dropped in here, and am fascinated to have skim read all 4 pages.

Viktoria you wondrous Lady, do look after yourself PLEASE. Very sad about your friend's son.

RTL: Thank heaven your boss is showing a tiny bit of compassion! Wish the bus company would too.

Caroline & Louisa what fabulous and stalwart work you do.
Last week was the fayre at the library, but I couldn't go and lend a hand as I was supporting Pudsey in Tavistock.  A cold, damp and very grey day, but I was SO grateful to be able to attend, and dance.

My heart bleeds for the situation in the Middle East, and all the folk in Gaza who did not vote for their government, as I did not vote for mine!! My contacts in Israel are living in pain and fear too. I pray for a speedy resolution there (also for Ukraine).
I do wish the media coverage would be a little more balanced in their reports.

It is wonderful so many of you continue to correspond this way, and I am so glad you all gather strength from the group. 
If I don't get back for months again, I send warm wishes to All for The Season.  :D
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 26 November 23 17:56 GMT (UK) »
Hello Mowsehowse
Nice to see you pop in.
I must admit to not reading the news about the middle East, I find it very distressing  and pray it will end soon and there will be some peace by Christmas time.
Yes, RC  is a friendly club that anyone can join, the diary  started at Covid time but it has helped  great deal of people over the time and  long may it continue.
Our church isn't having the normal Christmas Carol service but it is combined with a service for Christmas trees, mainly,  I think sponsored by various clubs, the church should look beautiful, I have never been yet, must admit to preferring  the normal Carol service, I am not the only person who prefers the old fashioned Carol service .
LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 26 November 23 20:01 GMT (UK) »
Nice to see you post again Mowsehowse, yes The Diaries have been wonderful.
They got me through the Covid lockdown.

It is funny to say friends as we have never met ,but that is what people have become .

Hope to see you post again , and more often.
Look after yourself.
Viktoria.