Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 26th November  (Read 2086 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 26th November
« Reply #36 on: Sunday 26 November 23 20:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi LM,
That is brilliant news that your friend is going to get to ring the bell.  Grandson's treatment is to last 3 years but the main part, we anticipate is going to finish at the end of January and then it should just be maintainance after this.  I am looking forward to his being able to return to school  and being able to mix with his little friends again and get back to a semblance of normality.  He seems to be going in the right direction with this, that is the main thing but I am not sure when exactly the bell ringing might be - next year or at the very end in 3 years?
They must really treasure you Caroline for all you contribute with your craft and baking skills.  I hope your event too is a big success.

Re Gaza I feel sorry for all the ordinary citizens who would prefer to just get on with their every day lives but can't.  My friend, who also lives in Tyneside, is a very strong type but what has happened to her family over there has left her broken.  She is not in a good way at all.  I suppose even the strongest have their limits. :-\

It is lovely to see you pop back in, Mowsehowse.  Well done on entertaining people with your help and dancing at the Pudsey event.  Don't be a stranger in staying away for too long.  You are a miss, you know, on here.
Re my shifts, I have found that I actually do have some late finishes coming up.  I think they have forgotten what they promised already. 😜 Hey ho! I give up, I'm just going to go with the flow.  Hopefully, the bus strike might resolve before Christmas but I am not going to hold my breath.
I'm looking forward to getting to bed when I reach home as I'm jiggered now after being on the go all day and I have another long shift ahead tomorrow.  Goodnight all.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Sunday 26 November 23 23:48 GMT (UK) »
That is good news,RTL, re grandson’s treatment.
Let’s all hope and those who feel able -pray for all we know or hear about who need all the help they can get.
It costs us nothing .

Wonderful efforts with fundraising event Fayres etc.
Our Band Concert was lovely ,the Band has won ever so many awards ,lChurch was packed ,next Sunday will be a quarter full if that.
Then on Dec 10 th our Bauble Service ,whe names of loved ones who have died are read out as the family put a bauble on the tree, so many the tree is huge and the Scouts do the very high branches on ladders.
Very moving.
Was my husband’s Birthday today, ,would have been 92,have flowers in thr house for him.

We had a laugh in Church, the Bandleader announced they would play “ Fairytale of NewYorkl “
Well for those who knew Shaun McGowan’s version - it raised a laugh.
Still having my own front teeth,sober and no cigarette in my left hand no glass of whisky in my right ,I was a pale imitation as was every one else!

Didn’t win a raffle prize but no matter ,it was lovely.

The slow cooker chicken casserole was delicious ,son got back just at teatime
so all fell into place.
Got  Harry and Kyra’s mummy phoning tomorrow re the “ Utility Warehose” prices for gas and electricity.I hate things like that ,I am happy —with EDF, - well their tariff has gone up a lot but whose hasn’t!

F.H. Went on a field trip with school, he loves the outdoors and his daddy has told him a lot and he got a report on his behaviour, he was well behaved ,,attentive and could give lots of information .
During lockdown they cycled miles,his little legs going so fast on his small bike, not once did he give up .
He is a nice laddie.
Kyra is forming sentences now, but she is two, so about the right time.
My eldest son - you could have a conversation with him at 18 months , but he did modern languages at Uni plus Economics.
But he had English at home , schooling in Belgium in Dutch and French and did Latin too.
And German at Uni.
He neve shuts up —- sang the first verse if “ Oh come all ye faithful “ in Latin today, the Bandmaster asked all those who could to do it ,there were a fair few. Just as we all were singing together.

Well bed calls.
I am late tonight ,hope all are well and worries ease for you if you have health worries for yourself or loved ones.
Night night and God bless, as my mother would say.
Viktoria.
Will be thinking if all those who could do with a little extra help in thoughts and prayers.

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Monday 27 November 23 07:55 GMT (UK) »
You always get the best from everyday Viktoria. :D Have  good Monday today.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Monday 27 November 23 09:14 GMT (UK) »
You are right Mowsehowse,  I really don't know how Viktoria crams so much into a day.

Over now to the new weeks diary

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Monday 27 November 23 10:18 GMT (UK) »
I might be because I am a little liar!  ::)

Just got everything ready ,well as far as I can see,for grand daughter in law to phone re changing energy suppliers ,she gets a commission for each customer she gets.
There are not many decent nursery facilities for Kyra,and not all are free of course.She needs to play with her age group, F,H is very good and she does
need to learn to share ,and wait sometimes.
So working from home her mummy can earn a bit whilst Kyra has a nap etc.
They live in a Bungalow ,just across from my daughter’s BMW  franchise and she plays happily in the office there if necessary ,lots of crayons,blackboards and chalks ,building blocks etc.
My grand daughter works there with her Mum so an auntie and a granny at Kyra’s beck and call.

Must phone my friend today, ,posted a card as I said ,already.
I can only imagine she is numb , so sudden .

Well sooo many things to do ,the choice is endless!

I have not done any  Christmas stuff yet, but tastes have changed and my lot except for eldest son order a chocolate log to a very rich Christmas cake .
I might make one nice to have in, and I have mincemeat ,home made from last year .

I wonder if it will be O.K.
It is the suet really but some in the fridge is without suet that was for home made mincemeat ice cream , so not cooked as in mince pies.

HEADLINES  :-GRANNY POISONS WHOLE FAMILY WITH DODGY MINCEMEAT!

Oooer, better to bin it I feel.
My O.H. Loved it all , he really did.
Wartime Christmases,our generation really appreciated the better times re food especially ,after rationing and shortages.

Well things to do and so must get on.
Look after yourselves everyone .
Viktoria. 

of course.

and nit all are free if ciyrse.

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 3rd December
« Reply #41 on: Monday 27 November 23 10:24 GMT (UK) »

Just got everything ready ,well as far as I can see,for grand daughter in law to phone re changing energy suppliers ,she gets a commission for each customer she gets.
There are not many decent nursery facilities for Kyra,and not all are free of course.She needs to play with her age group, F,H is very good and she does
They live in a Bungalow ,just across from my daughter’s BMW  franchise and she plays happily in the office there if necessary ,lots of crayons,blackboards and chalks ,building blocks etc.
My grand daughter works there with her Mum so an auntie and a granny at Kyra’s beck and call.

I have not done any  Christmas stuff yet, but tastes have changed and my lot except for eldest son order a chocolate log to a very rich Christmas cake .
I might make one nice to have in, and I have mincemeat ,home made from last year .

It is the suet really but some in the fridge is without suet that was for home made mincemeat ice cream , so not cooked as in mince pies.

Wartime Christmases,our generation really appreciated the better times re food especially ,after rationing and shortages.

Viktoria. 

Viktoria. 

Offline Gibel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Monday 27 November 23 20:15 GMT (UK) »
I hope your Grandson’s treatment continues to go well well RTL. I’ll remember him I’m my prayers.

I remember a little girl I knew when I was working, she was always so happy throughout all her treatment. Her family will never know the courage that their little girl has given to me.

Ringing the bell

My experience is that you get to ring it when different things finish. Following treatment for breast cancer
I rang the bell when my radiotherapy finished in 2020.
I declined to ring the bell when my Zolendronate acid treatment finished earlier this year.

They thought I was a bit peculiar but I couldn’t see the point when I was still suffering from the very painful side effects of the radiotherapy in 2020. I said I’d ring the bell when they’d sorted me out!

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Monday 27 November 23 22:30 GMT (UK) »
Well I hope you get some relief soon ,that is a long time to have such painful after effects.

Continuing pain is very wearing to say the least, tiring and depressing.
Some people, sadly ,have it for years.

There are pain clinics I believe,not sure how you get into contact with one perhaps through G,P?
Worth a try if you have not already done so, Gibel.

Hope everyone has a restful night.
Viktoria.

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday 28 November 23 07:49 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Gibel; I would certainly appreciate yours and others' prayers for my Grandson very much.  He has somehow kept smiling and I have felt staggered by his courage.
He has been amazing - especially as only six - five when diagnosed.

Hearing about how you (and others I know personally) came through does inspire hope.  I look forward to his ringing the bell too, in time.  I am impatient but things do appear to be going well and on target with his  targeted treatment plan.
I'm sorry that you are still having the side effect of pain though.  I will pray that this gets sorted out.  Take care.   :-*
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner