Author Topic: Train accident  (Read 567 times)

Offline Ghostwheel

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Train accident
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 25 November 23 19:49 GMT (UK) »
@ mckha489 and Stanwix England

Thanks for the find! 

But I think the year would probably be too early. 

I should have provided this part earlier but the info about the death (1896)  was recorded in 1903, so even though the man who recorded it was very inaccurate, I wouldn't guess it could be any earlier than about 1890.

The name James passes the test of not being a known name of the brothers:
Pat
Daniel
Michael

Though, I can't immediately think of anyone in the extended family with the name James. 

Other names I have seen of distant kin without the exact relationship known are Timothy and Charles.

As far as I know the family has no connection to Listowel.

42 sounds sort of specific.  But I wouldn't necessarily shrug off 40, if it were closer to 1896.

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
Re: Train accident
« Reply #10 on: Friday 01 December 23 01:46 GMT (UK) »
OP - this sounds like a perfect query for the Irish Railway Record Society. You will find them online, and I believe they entertain queries.
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area