Author Topic: Confusing Match  (Read 248 times)

Offline andreabro

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Confusing Match
« on: Saturday 25 November 23 14:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi my father has a match on My Heritage. ( tested at FTDNA). This match is a predicited 2nd cousin. 273cm.   Not found the connection, I am thinking a NPE in the match tree.
Myself and my son have uploaded to My Heritage.  We do not match this person at all?  Any therories?
This match is only on My Heritage so cannot look at any other sites.
Many thanks

Offline Alan of Kaslo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Confusing Match
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 25 November 23 19:06 GMT (UK) »
Did you go through the complete list of DNA connections your father shares with this person? It's a bit of a pain but you can mark all the connects it lists to add them to a group... then if you see them later in searches you know they are related to this 273cm person. Sometimes clues pop out from people in this list and/or their trees.

Good luck.
Stewart. Scott. Bruce. McPherson. McMurray. McKibbin . McKay. McCann. Mckrinkine. McClewnan. McCallum. Joss. Ross. Morrison. Chapman. Middlemiss. Robinson. Conlon. Duffy. Dalgarno. Crookshank. Gammack. Ramsay. Mutch. Crawford. Orr. Galbraith. Kerr. Fergusson. Campbell.

Offline Biggles50

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Confusing Match
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 25 November 23 22:19 GMT (UK) »
There are quite a few possibilities but I’ll not comment on them.

DNA Matches can involve simply waiting to see what happens by way of other DNA Matches.

My Heritage has not been very useful for me primarily that Matches have very limited trees and the method of many in bulk adding suggestions questions for me the whole validity of the trees on that site.

Without you supplying more information it is difficult to be precise but suggest you utilise their DNA tools including the Chromosome Browser and Auto Clusters to see if they give pointers.

Do you have DNA matches on each family line in your tree beyond the predicted MRCA of you and your 273 match?