Author Topic: Albert Miller Glasgow/Dumfries/Durham  (Read 358 times)

Offline ails81

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Albert Miller Glasgow/Dumfries/Durham
« on: Sunday 26 November 23 20:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone
I am trying to find more information, particularly death information, for my stepbrothers paternal great grandfather.

Albert Ewan Miller was born in Glasgow 8 Nov 1891 to William Miller and Jane Ewing/Ewan McGillivray. He married Theresa Smith in 1913 in Darlington, County Durham where she was from.  From what I can tell he moved there for work as was in the 1911 census in Durham as a slaters labourer.  They had 4 children (at least) Thomas in 1917, Mary in 1928, John Thomas in 1930 (my stepbrothers grandfather) and George in 1935.  All born in Durham.

What exactly happened in the following period is unknown, somehow the two younger boys ended up in ?foster care in Tiree, Argyll.  Theresa died in Annan, Dumfries in 1950, unclear why she was there but Albert registered the death so presumably they were living there by then?

However, I cannot find any death certificate for Albert in Scotland nor anywhere else and I am a bit stumped where else to look and would like to tie this part up before going on to the other mysteries!

any help much appreciated
thanks, Aileen
McIntyre and MacInnes, Argyll (mostly Glencoe, Ballachulish, Oban)
McGillivray, Robertson - Sleat, Skye
Sandilands, McNaughton - Abernethy, Perthshire
McCartney - Glasgow, Northern Ireland
Rafferty - Northern Ireland
Doig - Fife

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: Albert Miller Glasgow/Dumfries/Durham
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 26 November 23 21:37 GMT (UK) »
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.