Author Topic: Thomas Maple burial location  (Read 169 times)

Offline Kessy1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Thomas Maple burial location
« on: Monday 27 November 23 19:37 GMT (UK) »
I am struggling to find the final resting place of Thomas Maple who died on the 19th June 1855 in Worthing. He either lived at Anchor Inn, High Street, Worthing or maybe just died there? I have the burial record which shows he was buried in the parish of Broadwater on the 20th June 1855. He is not in Broadwater cemetery as they did not have burials until 1863. The church historian for St Mary's Broadwater has looked into it for me and says that there are no records at the three churchyards for him. He must be in one of them, although I am aware that the records were only as good as the resident vicar and how good he was at recording things. Find a grave does not seem to ever come up with anything for me, tried them too.  Any assistance would be appreciated.
Griffiths and Mercer from Prescot, Lancashire. Maple from Wiston, West Sussex and Keeley from London.

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Maple burial location
« Reply #1 on: Monday 27 November 23 20:21 GMT (UK) »
Parish church of Broadwater (St Mary)
Burials, 1855
Thomas Maple
Abode Worthing
Buried June 20
Age 64 yrs
Ceremony performed by F. A. Piggott

PR
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HY-DRGG-X1

BT
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HY-6D37-P7K

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 27 November 23 20:23 GMT (UK) »
FindMyPast (transcript only) has just "Place - Broadwater".

Free Reg (transcript only) has "Place - Broadwater, Church Name - St.Mary, Register Type - Parish Register, Register Entry Number - 1429"

A register entry is one thing - a plan of the churchyard another.

Offline Kessy1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 27 November 23 20:26 GMT (UK) »
Thank you both, I have this record but I did not understand that the parish church was St Mary in Broadwater. If that is the case that is really helpful, thank you. A local historian from there checked the records and found nothing. Perhaps he was looking at headstone records and I doubt my relative would have had one. Pleased to have narrowed down the location anyway. Thank you.
Griffiths and Mercer from Prescot, Lancashire. Maple from Wiston, West Sussex and Keeley from London.