Author Topic: Missing Birth Certificate  (Read 370 times)

Offline BronnieJones

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Missing Birth Certificate
« on: Tuesday 28 November 23 16:57 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I am looking for my great-great-grandmother's birth certificate. I have found her death certificate but there is no mention of who her parents names are.

Her name is: Anna Bertha Hoppe (nee Babin)
Born: Oct 16, 1872 in either modern day Szczdore or Breslau, Prussia.
Died: Mar 8, 1929 in a sanitorium in Berlin

She was married to Otto August Hoppe and lived in South Africa, she went back to germany for treatment (of an illness i do not know). I cannot find any information about her parents or where she comes from other than her birth place.

According to the parish in Szczdore they do not have documentation with Anna Bertha Babin as a name. no babin information.

If anybody knows how to access polish/german documents during the Prussian era that would be fantastic.

Thank you

Offline Manchester Rambler

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Birth Certificate
« Reply #1 on: Friday 08 December 23 22:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bronnie,

I'm going to move this post to the Europe board in the hope that it might catch the eye of someone familiar with Prussian/Polish/German records from this era.

Rambler
ANT: Nesbit, Potts; CHS: Gosling (Hazel Grove/Lymm), Hinton (Lymm), Johnson (Hazel Grove), Marsland (Hazel Grove), Massey (Daresbury), Sorton (Warmingham); LAN: Jackson, James, Potts (Manchester/Salford); MAY: Caulfield, Griffin (Leveelick); SAL: Goodwin, Johnson (Bridgnorth), Gregory (Wellington); STS: Goodwin, Gregory, Johnson (Wolverhampton); Hallett (Trysull); SOM: Dowding, James, Jones (Bath)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline davecapps

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Birth Certificate
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 19 December 23 20:42 GMT (UK) »
Contact the state archive in Breslau
they will be able to assist you

http://www.archiwum.archidiecezja.wroc.pl/?page_id=82