Author Topic: Dziki Family from Poland  (Read 328 times)

Offline Pommyrose

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Dziki Family from Poland
« on: Wednesday 29 November 23 06:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone,
I'm currently researching my partner's family while I'm taking a break from mine.
I have hit a brick wall with his grandfather Jan Dziki born 3 Jan 1926 in Tamanowie, Poland.  He married Eleanora Kwapisz at a displacement camp in Germany and had a son * Dziki (my partner's dad), born * 1947 in Koeln, Germany.  They later immigrated to Australia.

I am struggling to find anything and I can only assume that the reason could be that records were destroyed during the war.

I am hoping that's not the case and I could be looking in the wrong direction.  If anyone is able to help I would be extremely grateful and appreciative.

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Dziki Family from Poland
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 10 December 23 00:06 GMT (UK) »
I would not expect a birth record for 1926 to be available online. You would have to work out who still holds the records and what their requirements are for an application (could be in the local office still).

The place is probably Tamanowice which appears to be in Mościska area and would have been in Poland when Jan was born; it is now in the western part of Ukraine near the border with Poland. It appears to be quite small, probably the registration office was in some larger place nearby.

Arolsen archive search appears down for me right now but is another possible source.
https://arolsen-archives.org/en/search-explore/search-online-archive/
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 10 December 23 11:47 GMT (UK) »
OK Arolsen is up again.

There is a record "Iwan DIKI" and "Iwan DZIKI" which look from birthplace and birthdate to match other records for  "Jan Dziki"

It is the one for Iwan Dziki that lists parents:
Father Andrej , mother Marie Trufinowa
Born Tamanowice, Lwow, Poland, Last residence Radynice, Lwow, Poland.

https://collections.arolsen-archives.org/en/document/66962623 (but direct links seem to be struggling so try searching directly for it).

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Pommyrose

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 10 December 23 20:47 GMT (UK) »
OK Arolsen is up again.

There is a record "Iwan DIKI" and "Iwan DZIKI" which look from birthplace and birthdate to match other records for  "Jan Dziki"

It is the one for Iwan Dziki that lists parents:
Father Andrej , mother Marie Trufinowa
Born Tamanowice, Lwow, Poland, Last residence Radynice, Lwow, Poland.

https://collections.arolsen-archives.org/en/document/66962623 (but direct links seem to be struggling so try searching directly for it).

Thank you so much!  i will keep looking,  still trying to get my head around this particular website lol