Author Topic: Access to microfilm for St. Luke Charlton next Woolwich?  (Read 236 times)

Offline Graser5

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Access to microfilm for St. Luke Charlton next Woolwich?
« on: Wednesday 29 November 23 18:17 GMT (UK) »
I do not seem to be able to find browsable microfilm for an 1833 marriage performed at St. Luke Old Charlton.  I am looking for witnesses as I believe the bride and groom are both from out of parish as she had a child 2 months afterwards.  I believe the groom to be from Deptford St. Paul and the bride to be from Greenwich St. Alphege but the bride's identity is very fragmentary and there are multiple candidates for her parents.  Hoping to find a sibling or parent as a witness that will help ID which candidate she is.  I have access to ancestry and to family search, but am in US so local history center access is not feasible.  Any suggestions?
Graser Meidel Reinig Stoehr Waldbock Stadler
Stroh Bach Tyler Marriott Tilley Spence Smith Fudge Gilbert Taylor Winsor Zeitz Fueller Schenk Weigand Haupt
McKay Sweeney Gibney O'Shea Jamieson McAlinden Miskell Casey McMichael (Carmichael) Smith McMurray Devlin

Offline Bookbox

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Access to microfilm for St. Luke Charlton next Woolwich?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 29 November 23 20:05 GMT (UK) »
The registers for St Luke, Charlton, have not been digitised for the period you need. The original registers are held by Greenwich Heritage, who offer a free half-hour for research enquiries. If you have the exact date of the marriage, they will surely find you the names of the witnesses within that time.

https://www.greenwichheritage.org/heritage/#archives
Email - archive@rght.org.uk

ADDED
If you don't have the exact date, you can get it from the transcripts on FindMyPast, in their database Kent Marriages & Banns (Charlton wasn't in London in 1833).

Offline Graser5

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Access to microfilm for St. Luke Charlton next Woolwich?
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 29 November 23 22:59 GMT (UK) »
That's exactly excellent, thanks for the tip!  Yes, I do have the exact date.
Graser Meidel Reinig Stoehr Waldbock Stadler
Stroh Bach Tyler Marriott Tilley Spence Smith Fudge Gilbert Taylor Winsor Zeitz Fueller Schenk Weigand Haupt
McKay Sweeney Gibney O'Shea Jamieson McAlinden Miskell Casey McMichael (Carmichael) Smith McMurray Devlin