Author Topic: An Oddity - Latin Entry in 1947 Civil Marriage Registration!  (Read 466 times)

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
An Oddity - Latin Entry in 1947 Civil Marriage Registration!
« on: Saturday 02 December 23 01:44 GMT (UK) »
So, not just in parish registers! Look at the first marriage in the following link.

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1947/08706/5145101.pdf

I will leave the meaning as an exercise for the student!

Mark of a quality family.  :)
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
Re: An Oddity - Latin Entry in 1947 Civil Marriage Registration!
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 02 December 23 08:40 GMT (UK) »
Here's a possible death for the bride's father:

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1969/04167/4061228.pdf

Yes, that is his death, thanks. But I don't need that sort of information, I am well aware of all that. I knew him personally. Spent my childhood visiting graveyards.
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 02 December 23 08:47 GMT (UK) »
The death registration provides an English interpretation of the latin in the marriage registration, which I posted for the interest of folk reading your topic, that is the only reason I posted it.

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 02 December 23 08:48 GMT (UK) »
The death registration provides an English interpretation of the latin in the marriage registration, which I posted for the interest of folk reading your topic, that is the only reason I posted it.

Most people have heard of Google? Translate.google.com

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 02 December 23 08:50 GMT (UK) »
You have absolutely no cause to be so rude to anyone responding to your topic, I will leave it at that.

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 02 December 23 08:51 GMT (UK) »
You have absolutely no cause to be so rude to anyone responding to your topic, I will leave it at that.

I posted for the interest of folk reading the topic...