Author Topic: Muscular Bride & Odd Groom  (Read 805 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Muscular Bride & Odd Groom
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 10 December 23 16:34 GMT (UK) »
If you look at the right hand trouser leg (as you look at the photo) with your head on one side to the left, to me, it looks like a coat sleeve.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 10 December 23 17:04 GMT (UK) »
The proportions don’t seem right with the faint “coat sleeve”, but it looks like two faint legs below the sleeve as if someone was sitting down when taking the photograph?  (But I do have a good imagination.)  ;D
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Offline Uhnnohn

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 10 December 23 23:32 GMT (UK) »
Agree with Gadget's date mid - late 1890's around 1896-99 I would suggest.
I would also agree that he may be an add-on as the pose is all wrong.
There are elements of this that suggest it may be an over sketched enlargement of the original.
Before the introduction of photo enlargers it was a case of copying the original & making it
bigger resulting in loss of definition which you can see particularly around his shirt & tie where
it's been outlined with a pencil.
I'm not sure what's going on with his left leg but it looks like the ruching you would see on a
woman's skirt.

It's bubble glass
I tried hard to not get the light reflecting in it
His left leg is the reflection of my light-colored shirt sleeve.
Sorry for causing the confusion.

Offline Uhnnohn

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 10 December 23 23:35 GMT (UK) »
Is it a miniature or?

The frame is 17.5 x 11.5 inches