Author Topic: Anyone Interested in Gullick?  (Read 215 times)

Offline edwells

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Anyone Interested in Gullick?
« on: Wednesday 13 December 23 06:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Everyone,

First off I'm new here and I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place.

My mother, Merryl Wells was an avid family history researcher since 1980 looking for Gullick families, she recently past away. While sorting through her stuff we found loads and loads of Gullick information and family trees - All of this info is in paper format, kind of old and my mum smoked, so it's stinky! I've been informed that there's many boxes of Gullick information dating back to who knows when.

We are trying to find out if anyone is interested in the Gullick surname and if they are interested in her many years of research?

Thanks for reading this,

Ed Wells

Online Top-of-the-hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone Interested in Gullick?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 13 December 23 22:06 GMT (UK) »
  Welcome to RootsChat.
    There is a listing on this site, in the brown panel at the very bottom of the page under surname interests. I have checked for the name Gullick and there is only one entry (plus 2 under Gullock). Does the family have a connection to any particular area of the country, as there are special boards for each county?
Pay, Kent
Codham/Coltham, Kent
Kent, Felton, Essex
Staples, Wiltshire

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone Interested in Gullick?
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 13 December 23 22:26 GMT (UK) »
Welcome from me too

I notice your mother married in 1967 as Merryl Van Gullick & her birth was registered as Van Gullick.  Her mothers maiden name was Bawtree

Your grandparents married as Francis A Gullick & Ethel W I Bawtree in St Albans 1939

Francis appears to have been born as Francis Albert Gullick in Paddington 1910.  His parents married in Cardiff in 1901 - Tom Henry Gullick & Frances Adeline Collett - both born Somerset

I wonder when & why the "Van" was introduced?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)