Author Topic: Catherine Oxenbridge 14th C  (Read 264 times)

Offline cornishwalker

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Catherine Oxenbridge 14th C
« on: Friday 15 December 23 11:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I am trying to trace the parents of  Catherine Oxenbridge of Brede, Sussex, England
she married Nicholas Aucher and had a son Henry. I have a date of C 1300 for her birth. There seems to be a connection to Brede and the Oxenbridge family but I can't prove her Parents
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance and merry Christmas

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Catherine Oxenbridge 14th C
« Reply #1 on: Friday 15 December 23 16:28 GMT (UK) »
May I ask what information you already have? 

This is a very early date and it may be difficult to prove things.  There are a number of articles about the Oxenbridges of Brede in a number of SAC volumes.  Have you checked those out at all to see if there is anything relevant which might help?  I know that some of the articles concentrate on the 15th century onwards, but there may be snippets of interest.

There is a pedigree (treat with caution and check whatever you can) in SAC Vol 8 on page 230 (see here)
https://archive.org/details/sussexarchaeolo34socigoog/page/n8/mode/2up?view=theater

but I don't see a Catherine. 

Nell
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cornishwalker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 15 December 23 16:57 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Nell for the information. I will check it out and look through the SAC files.
I will try and make a tree of the families that are in the area so people can see on this post where I'm looking. It is sometimes hard to find resources when most of my knowledge is of Cornwall where I live.
Sometimes at this time in history the men were written about more than the women, only a link to her fathers name would solve the problem.
Thanks again
Karl

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 15 December 23 17:40 GMT (UK) »
1. Joan m1 (2nd wife) Henry Aucher d1410 of Losenham Kent, son of Nicholas Aucher and Catherine Oxenbridge, m2 Robert Cappes (Joan & Henry had an only son Henry Aucher ..

https://www.rootschat.com/links/01sut/,,This is the link to Flickr where it says as above.
stoke on trent. carson,wain,leese,shaw,key,scalley,mitchell,<br />james,<br /> nottingham,pollard,grice,<br />derbyshire,vallands,turton,howe.<br /> new zealand,turton<br /> canada,carson.<br />australia,mitchell,scalley,<br />

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 15 December 23 17:47 GMT (UK) »
Father   Thomas Aucher2 b. c 1323
     Nicholas Aucher was born circa 1347 at of Losenham, Kent, England.1 He married (Miss) Oxenbridge circa 1370.2
Family
   (Miss) Oxenbridge b. c 1348
Child   

Henry Aucher+ b. c 1375

Info from here! https://www.rootschat.com/links/01suv/

stoke on trent. carson,wain,leese,shaw,key,scalley,mitchell,<br />james,<br /> nottingham,pollard,grice,<br />derbyshire,vallands,turton,howe.<br /> new zealand,turton<br /> canada,carson.<br />australia,mitchell,scalley,<br />

Offline cornishwalker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 16 December 23 11:42 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, I am still stuck looking for her father. I hope to go through the Sussex books listed above over the next week.
If i find an answer I will post it for anyone else researching the family