Author Topic: Diary week ending 24th December  (Read 2425 times)

Offline carol80

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Edwin Stonehouse 1906-1970
    • View Profile
Re: Diary week ending 24th December
« Reply #45 on: Sunday 24 December 23 18:36 GMT (UK) »
Merry Christmas one and all.

Christmas Morning here. :D

A few friends have already texted their Christmas greetings.
Some have received a positive Covid test after feeling under the weather for a few days.
Not the ideal Christmas present but they are now changing plans for a quiet Christmas. :'(

Christmas stops for no one so enjoy your day regardless of circumstances.

Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Stonehouse(York,Durham,Canada)Laurie(Scotland,York)Biddiss(All)Love(Scotland,Australia) Byers(Durham)Demaine(York)Dennison(York)Raine(Durham)Jefferson(Durham)Muir(Durham)
Johnston (Scotland)Hunter(Scotland)Johnson(York)
and many more.

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Sunday 24 December 23 21:11 GMT (UK) »
Christmas greetings to all whether it’s started already or not quite yet.  :) :) :)
KG can’t believe the twins are 10!
We are with one daughter and her family this year with one grandchild having their first Christmas. . Other daughter phoned to say she’d spent the morning with her middle son age 5 at a&e. All is well and they are home but you can imagine our blood pressure went up a bit at the time.
North East of England

Offline Jebber

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Sunday 24 December 23 22:23 GMT (UK) »
Merry Christmas everyone, have a wonderful time. Hope you have all stocked up with indigestion remedies. :) :) :)
CHOULES All ,  COKER Harwich Essex & Rochester Kent 
COLE Gt. Oakley, & Lt. Oakley, Essex.
DUNCAN Kent
EVERITT Colchester,  Dovercourt & Harwich Essex
GULLIVER/GULLOFER Fifehead Magdalen Dorset
HORSCROFT Kent.
KING Sturminster Newton, Dorset. MONK Odiham Ham.
SCOTT Wrabness, Essex
WILKINS Stour Provost, Dorset.
WICKHAM All in North Essex.
WICKHAM Medway Towns, Kent from 1880
WICKHAM, Ipswich, Suffolk.

Offline DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Monday 25 December 23 01:16 GMT (UK) »
Merry Christmas to all…still hours away here in the Great White North, but much of the southern populated part of Canada is green this year - much to everyone’s disappointment.  On the positive side, I will be driving to the Niagara region tomorrow morning and it will be dry with a high of 10.  The next day we will be driving to Kingston (Ontario) at the far end of Lake Ontario which necessitates going through Toronto, but thankfully I won’t be driving. My son and his family will meet us in Kingston at the house we have rented for a few days.  Baby grandson is now 14 months old and a going concern.  He has been sick though, very high fever and cold, but hospital reassured them just a cold, he did have Covid last March as did his parents, but none of the rest of us have.
We saw OH’s granddaughters this morning, they are at a fun age, almost 8 and almost 5, they were very happy with their gifts.

Condolences to all of those who have lost someone in 2023 and a speedy recovery to those who are not well.  It does seem like Covid will come back each year from what they are saying.  I had my latest shot three weeks ago and did not have a pleasant reaction.  The flu jab did not bother me at all.

All the best to everyone in 2024!

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Monday 25 December 23 07:48 GMT (UK) »
Happy Christmas everyone

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Monday 25 December 23 08:36 GMT (UK) »
New thread started, as below. DIARY: Christmas Day to New Year’s Eve.

Having woken early, and nothing else to do, I might as well start the new week. I guess most regulars will be too busy.
Hello to everyone, especially those feeling bereft, fearful or isolated. It is still dark, damp and suddenly misty outside, so I have left the balcony coloured lights on, to cheer passers-by.
I am feeling very cut off as my special loved ones are too far away to have a family time.
But I did have a video call last night, and have fingers crossed for another at some point today. 
I do know in my heart I should be glad and grateful they are all well and happy, and I send hugs to everyone who is in a less fortunate position.
Enjoy this special day as best you can. Pamper yourself in the best way. 
Pretty soon we shall be able to get back to our individual “normality”. 
Look after yourselves, and I wish you peace.
Hop over to the new week please.

BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.