Author Topic: Francis Davidson/denton/Kearsley  (Read 601 times)

Offline Brijay51

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Francis Davidson/denton/Kearsley
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 17 January 24 03:55 GMT (UK) »
i have researched the BDM in Western Australia and can not find a registered marriage,all the children are now deceased but i have sighted 3 birth certificates and they all show same details except maiden name being different,William(my father) was born 3 Sept 1899 in Chile and family migrated from England to Aust in 1910 ,many documents i have found coincidently or not show 2 or 3 Sept as dates ,i have not found any records as to when and where Francis comes or came from,there is a Frances Davidson that married at Doodlakine in 1921,no record after that to what happened But it is close to Hines Hill where my father and family lived..the chase continues..THank you

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 17 January 24 04:03 GMT (UK) »
The parents' marriage date will be on the Birth Certificates of the children.

What is it?

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 17 January 24 04:34 GMT (UK) »
there is a Frances Davidson that married at Doodlakine in 1921,no record after that to what happened But it is close to Hines Hill where my father and family lived..the chase continues..THank you

This man, Reginald Oscar Oldfield, deserted his first wife and went to Dookladine . She divorced him.

https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/207380145
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Brijay51

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 20 January 24 23:11 GMT (UK) »
the stated date of marriage William Kearsley to Francis is 2 Sept 1924 on birth certificate Francis birthdate is given as 1901..but like most supposed facts about Francis it is hard to prove that this is correct ,it is on this birth certificate  the last of the children that her maiden name changes from Davidson to Denton