Author Topic: Ancestry - subscription needed to see shared matches  (Read 1574 times)

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry - subscription needed to see shared matches
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 28 December 23 12:44 GMT (UK) »
Romilly, I wonder if they are introducing subs to give access to specific features …. I may be imagining it, but this sort of rings a bell - I’m wondering if it has been mooted in the past?
So if you want to see matches, it will cost $/£X, if you want to see other’s trees it will cost $/£x, same for Thrulines … etc etc. They will market it as givng you more choices - only pay for, the features you want etc but in reality it will be a way for them to make more money.
I expect any of this will be on top of the usual annual subscriptions.
Added: I like your idea Kathryn, but I doubt they will offer anything without there being an additional cost involved.

Ruskie,

I expect that you’re right and that these things will be additional add ons…
I’m pretty sure that many of the Records now in Fold 3 used to be available to view as part of the Subs. Likewise, many of the Records on Family Search where you now get redirected to FindMyPast, used to be free to view on Family Search.

It’s all part of getting further charges off people 😔

Romilly.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.