Author Topic: Richard Raynold 1531  (Read 142 times)

Offline David Boulding

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Richard Raynold 1531
« on: Thursday 21 December 23 12:22 GMT (UK) »
Struggling a bit with this

I get:

"Test[ament] Ric Raynold ---- de Crundale Execut[rix] Thomasina relict "

Am I missing any other detail? There appear to be other names in the will I can't decipher (or the amount).
Boulding Boulden Bollyng (all - mostly Kent)
Finch (Kent - Henry & Elizabeth (Fossett)  Finch m1687  London)
Foord (Kent - Aldington, Stanford area)
Philpot (Kent - Alexander Philpot died 1601 Ashford)
Waggon/Waghorn (Kent pre 1715)
Rose (Kent)

Offline Bookbox

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Raynold 1531
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 21 December 23 17:17 GMT (UK) »
The will doesn’t appear to have been proved, but a grant of administration was made to the widow.

The beginning and end are clear enough, but I’m afraid I can’t make any sense of the middle section. If my guess of thesaurus (= treasury) is right, perhaps it refers to a tax payment? But I may be way off beam.

=====
Test(amentum) Ric(ardi) Raynold nup(er) de Crondall Executrix Thomasina

Relicta eiusd(em […]      ne emaneat quousq(ue) relict(a) veniet

Die sabb(at)i p(ro)x(ime) post marcu(m) v(idelicet) xxix Ap(rilis) Ema(nav)it com(m)issio

Adm(in)istratio(n)is bonor(um) d(i)c(ti) Ric(ardi) Reygnold an(te)dicte Thomasine

relict(e) p(ri)mitus in forma iuris Jurat(e)  ^Ac de […] porciones [?]^  Ad exhi(ben)d(um) Inv(entarium) in p(ro)x(im’)

[…] solut’ [Th(e)s(a)u(ro)?] […] ijs iiijd quo[..] sol(utos) p(re)t(er) feod’ apparitor’ sol’ [deleted]

vij Junij Exhi(bi)t(o) In(venta)rio xvjli xvjs xjd n(ihi)l sol(utum) ult(ra) ijs iiijd

The will of Richard Raynold, lately of Crondall, executrix Thomasina, widow of the same, not to be issued until the widow comes.
On the Saturday next after [St] Mark, namely 29 April, a grant of administration of the goods of the said Richard Reygnold was issued to the aforesaid Thomasina, widow, she being first sworn in form of law; and as to […] the portions […] to submit an inventory in the next […] paid [to the Treasury?] 2 shillings and 4 pence, which is/was paid beyond the fee paid to the apparitor [deleted]
On 7 June an inventory was submitted for 16 pounds 16 shillings 11 pence, nothing paid beyond 2 shillings 4 pence

Offline David Boulding

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Raynold 1531
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 21 December 23 17:27 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much for that.. - Really kind indeed.

Little wonder I could make no sense of it. The abbreviations make life very hard. And choosing to  spell the surname in a completely different way in the next sentence I thought I was missing a new name.

Have a lovely Christmas and thank you again
Boulding Boulden Bollyng (all - mostly Kent)
Finch (Kent - Henry & Elizabeth (Fossett)  Finch m1687  London)
Foord (Kent - Aldington, Stanford area)
Philpot (Kent - Alexander Philpot died 1601 Ashford)
Waggon/Waghorn (Kent pre 1715)
Rose (Kent)