Author Topic: Winifred Crane (Cryan? Creghan?) of Carrogarve, Roscommon, b. ca 1790  (Read 106 times)

Offline Maureen99

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Winifred Crane (Cryan? Creghan?) of Carrogarve, Roscommon, b. ca 1790
« on: Saturday 30 December 23 18:08 GMT (UK) »
Looking for Winifred Crane (Cryan? Creghan?) Giblin of the townland Carrogarve, County Roscommon, b. ca 1790.

She appears on the death certificate of Margaret (Giblin) Niland -- Winifred is Margaret's mother.  Margaret was born in Carrowgarve, Roscommon, about 1815, and so I'm looking there for her mother Winifred.  The Niland (Neilon) family and the Giblin family were all in the same Carrogarve neighborhood for a very long time, but I cannot find a Winifred in their midst. 

Her daughter's 1914 death certificate transcribes Winifred's maiden name as "Crane", but I am guessing this is a "write what you hear" situation, so I'm not sure how to spell it as I wander through the records.  Crahan? Cryan, Creghan?

I've looked through the Applotments and the Griffiths.  Anyone have any idea where to look next?

Thanks in advance... 

Offline LH

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Winifred Crane (Cryan? Creghan?) of Carrogarve, Roscommon, b. ca 1790
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 30 December 23 19:04 GMT (UK) »
See related query, with lots of replies:-
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=877623.0

Offline Maureen99

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Winifred Crane (Cryan? Creghan?) of Carrogarve, Roscommon, b. ca 1790
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 30 December 23 19:22 GMT (UK) »
Yes, thanks, that original post was written by me.  The replies were very helpful, but now I'm trying to move backwards another generation.