Author Topic: Who was the mother of William Fullerton?  (Read 1457 times)

Offline Blairvadach

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Who was the mother of William Fullerton?
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 02 January 24 09:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Neale, Ambly and Rosie.
I have just caught up with your recent posts and need to get my head around this information!!
Thank you so much for your  help in solving this puzzle!

I should have known that John and Janet were Williams grandparents……it was good that he left us an obvious clue about who his birth mother was!
I now have Janet’s death certificate…father Joseph McGaw (farmer) and mother Elizabeth White.
Thanks again.
Glasgow Warriors
Allotment
Walking the dog.
Reading
Family History
Researching...Brockett, Muir, McLeod, Ross

Offline Blairvadach

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 02 January 24 17:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Neale, Ambly and Rosie

Spent this afternoon looking into the information that you provided and found out that…..

Elizabeth Mary Fullerton, 35, spinster married Adam Moore 42 years old, widow on 27.4.1877 in Busby.

They had four children.
1. Letitia Moore1878
2. David Galbraith Moore 1879 and he died 1957 in Bonhill
3.Kate Moore and died in infancy 1881
4. Joseph McGaw Moore born 1882 and died 1961 in Bonhill
 Adam Moore died in 1884
Elizabeth died in 1920 as per your information.

I have Johns DC

I also have the 1911 census Elizabeth in 40 Mitchell Street with sons David and Joseph ( both men were sewing machine workers and the only place they could be working at is the famous Singer factory in Clydebank ( my home town)

It’s interesting that the parents were still in Renfrewshire in the 1901 census and probably moved to Bonhill to be looked after.
Thanks again for your help.
Cheers Tam
Glasgow Warriors
Allotment
Walking the dog.
Reading
Family History

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 02 January 24 18:21 GMT (UK) »
That's good Tam it's all fitted in to place with the information given to you
The singer factory was a very popular place all changed now in Clydebank I'm not far from there ( Helensburgh)

Rosie

Offline Blairvadach

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 02 January 24 19:27 GMT (UK) »
That's good Tam it's all fitted in to place with the information given to you
The singer factory was a very popular place all changed now in Clydebank I'm not far from there ( Helensburgh)

Rosie
Absolutely 💯
My mother’s middle name was Fullerton!
Cheers Tam
Glasgow Warriors
Allotment
Walking the dog.
Reading
Family History

Offline Neale1961

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 02 January 24 21:21 GMT (UK) »
Lovely to see “LETITIA” as a family name. Mother of John FULLERTON (1821-1902) was named Letitia McMillan.

Letitia FULLERTON (daughter of John F and Janet McGaw) born abt 1846; died 1917 Belfast
-   Married James McKee in 1867 Ballymena
-   Children: Mary Jane 1872, Martha 1874, James 1877, Joseph 1879, Sarah 1880, Letitia 1883
-   1901 census (Chief Street, Shankill Ward, Antrim) https://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Antrim/Shankill_Ward/Chief_Street/984329/
-   1911 census (Kells) https://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Antrim/Kells/Ballee/121588/

Letitia MOORE (daughter of Eliza Mary F and Adam Moore)
-   Married William McLaughlan in 1899 Busby
-   Children born in Busby and Aston, Cheshire: Elizabeth Mary, Agnes Orr, Janet Letitia Fullerton, Eleanor Nixon
Milligan - Jardine – Glencross – Dinwoodie - Brown: (Dumfriesshire & Kirkcudbrightshire)
Clark – Faulds – Cuthbertson – Bryson – Wilson: (Ayrshire & Renfrewshire)
Neale – Cater – Kinder - Harrison: (Warwickshire & Queensland)
Roberts - Spry: (Cornwall, Middlesex & Queensland)
Munster: (Schleswig-Holstein & Queensland) and Plate: (Braunschweig, Neubruck & Queensland & New York)

Offline Blairvadach

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 02 January 24 22:19 GMT (UK) »
Lovely to see “LETITIA” as a family name. Mother of John FULLERTON (1821-1902) was named Letitia McMillan.

Letitia FULLERTON (daughter of John F and Janet McGaw) born abt 1846; died 1917 Belfast
-   Married James McKee in 1867 Ballymena
-   Children: Mary Jane 1872, Martha 1874, James 1877, Joseph 1879, Sarah 1880, Letitia 1883
-   1901 census (Chief Street, Shankill Ward, Antrim) https://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Antrim/Shankill_Ward/Chief_Street/984329/
-   1911 census (Kells) https://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Antrim/Kells/Ballee/121588/

Letitia MOORE (daughter of Eliza Mary F and Adam Moore)
-   Married William McLaughlan in 1899 Busby
-   Children born in Busby and Aston, Cheshire: Elizabeth Mary, Agnes Orr, Janet Letitia Fullerton, Eleanor Nixon
Hi Neale
I saw the information about Letitia marriage to William McLaughlan on Ancestry.
Thanks for the other information.
Ps I am still working on the Milligan/Buckley tree project and you kindly sent me some information about.
Cheers Tam
Glasgow Warriors
Allotment
Walking the dog.
Reading
Family History

Offline Blairvadach

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 02 January 24 22:34 GMT (UK) »

In 1905 Susan Hart died on 16th August 1905. She died of cardiac arrest and seems she had a heart condition for two years. Her address was 40 Mitchell Street,Alexandria and this is the same address for my grandmother who was born in 1910……. this is the same address that was registered for John and Janet when they died….so William must have taken them in to look after them before they died ❤️

Sometime between the 1901 census and Susan’s death the family move to Bonhill. This move is likely due to work. We know that Renfrewshire is well known for cotton and the famous Paisley pattern!!! Aexandria is also very well know for it’s Calico print works….

In the 1911 Census William and his family are now living at 42 Random Street, Bonhill, Alexandria
William Fullerton 46 Cloth worker at Calico print works.
Grace 38
James 16  Cloth worker at Calico print works.
Janet 14
Lizzie 12
Margaret 11
Grace 6
William 3
Helen 1
Cheers Tam
Glasgow Warriors
Allotment
Walking the dog.
Reading
Family History

Offline Neale1961

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 03 January 24 07:15 GMT (UK) »
In 1891 census for John Fullerton and Janet McGaw, there is a James Fullerton, age 6 recorded as a nephew.
I was curious about who he was. Now, I think he was actually a grand-nephew.

He was James Love FULLERTON born 3 Jan 1885 "Thorny Bank" (sic), Eastwood; died 1965 in Pennsylvania USA.
He was the son of  James FULLERTON and Sophia LOVE.

James Fullerton - Sophia Love marriage in 1881 Eastwood
        Mother - Sophia (Love) FULLERTON born 1857 Scotland, died 1933 USA
       Father – James FULLERTON born 14 May 1856 Ballymena, Ireland. Died 1924 USA

James Fullerton was a Printfield labourer, Eastwood in 1881-1901 Scotland census.
He and his family emigrated to Delaware County, Pennsylvania in dribs ‘n’ drabs between abt 1906 – 1910.
James Fullarton’s USA death and his marriage record show he was the son of Alexander Fullerton and Agnes Rae.

Continued in next post
Milligan - Jardine – Glencross – Dinwoodie - Brown: (Dumfriesshire & Kirkcudbrightshire)
Munster: (Schleswig-Holstein & Queensland) and Plate: (Braunschweig, Neubruck & Queensland & New York)

Offline Neale1961

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 03 January 24 07:16 GMT (UK) »
Alexander FULLERTON married Agnes REA in 1848 Ballymena
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1848/09342/5382441.pdf

Alexander Fullerton Death in 1879 Ballymena (age 53) ie born abt 1826
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1879/06509/4874457.pdf

I believe Agnes (“Nancy”) age 54 is in the 1881 census at 63 Herriot St Pollokshaws, with her son James and family.
She remarried in 1884 Ballymena to Samuel TELFORD, and she died in Ballymena in 1903.

Continued in next post