Author Topic: St Baithins Church - headstone look up  (Read 118 times)

Offline my-irish-family

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
St Baithins Church - headstone look up
« on: Monday 01 January 24 18:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi all, happy new year  :)

I’ve managed to locate a few family members, who died in the 70s, who are listed as being buried at St Baithins Church in St Johnston. I found these on find a grave and have put in some photo requests (although there are only a small number of people monitoring the cemetery so may be some time).

I wondered if anyone would be near the area if they would be able to take a couple of photos in the meantime? I have the info from find a grave in terms of plot number etc.

I would love to be able to formally request a copy of their death records but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do this (it may be I can’t, and that’s ok), it’s just the last of their families that I had connections to are no longer alive or dementia has sadly taken hold.

Thank you to anyone who can help  :)

Lara
Glasgow: ROSS, WRIGHT, MURRAY, FALCONER
Derry: ROSS, ADAIR, COLHOUN, JOHNSTON, THOMPSON, TAIT, LOWTHER, HUSTON
Donegal: BROWN, McCLAY, GALLAGHER, MEHAFFEY (McHAFFEY), OGILBY
Tyrone: LITTLE, OGILBY,
Brisbane, Australia: ADAIR
Victoria, Australia: ROSS
Canada: COLHOUN

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: St Baithins Church - headstone look up
« Reply #1 on: Monday 01 January 24 22:46 GMT (UK) »
Death certs up to 1972 are free online, 1973 will be added sometime this year on Irish Genealogy, to order a copy of a cert (€5) use the 2nd link to the form required. (The first form is used when you know the index details)

https://www.irishgenealogy.ie/en/civil-records/help/i-want-to-get-a-copy-of-a-certificate-what-do-i-do