Author Topic: Jungesbluth/Jungesblut/Schweide  (Read 176 times)

Offline bolts99

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Jungesbluth/Jungesblut/Schweide
« on: Thursday 04 January 24 23:15 GMT (UK) »
Okay here is my road block.

I am trying to find more information on Joes Jungesblut. I have found the last name to be spelled as Jungesbluth as well. But have come across on some records while researching this family as the last name as Schweide as well. His wife is Angela Maria Lisemeyr. I have found her last name as Lisenmeyer or Lisemeyer. The couple was married in Delbruk, Paderborn, Germany on November 9 1779.  They had two sons that I have been able find. Joes Mauritines (Moritz) born June 9 1781 and Joes Librius Stephen born April 9 1786.

I know Angela Maria Lisemeyer's parents could possible be Joannes George LIsenmeyer and Clara Anna Kuhlmeyer. They were married October 15 1743 in Westenholz which is part of Delbruk today. I have her date of birth possibly as either September 20 1746 or December 24 1753. The couple had two daugthers by the same name.

What I am trying to find is when Joes Jungesbluth was born. I have been able to find him down as Franz for his children's baptismal records. I have attached the marriage record. If needing more records I can provide them. I have found these records on marticula.

Offline JustinL

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Jungesbluth/Jungesblut/Schweide
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 07 January 24 16:43 GMT (UK) »
It's always a huge advantage when indices of baptisms, marriages and deaths have been created from the original records, such as here for the Delbrück baptisms from 1734 to 1794.

https://data.matricula-online.eu/en/deutschland/paderborn/DE_EBAP_11401/KB004a-03-Rt/?pg=32

and the corresponding baptism record of Franciscus Jungesbluth in 1751.

https://data.matricula-online.eu/en/deutschland/paderborn/DE_EBAP_11401/KB003-02-T/?pg=264

Jo'es is a contracted form of Joannes = Johannes. In the naming practices of the period, a boy's first given name was usually a saint's name. It's not entirely surprising to see Franz/Franciscus with the additional Jo'es.