Author Topic: Dorothy HARRIS Nee ; BASSANO wife of THOMAS - I just cant find her burial  (Read 122 times)

Offline susiee

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
 I  have been trying  to   find  the possible burial of   DOROTHY  HARRIS   - NEE BASSANO
the  second wife  of THOMAS  HARRIS -- as there is a bit of evidence he went  to    Virginia    and that there was a third wife  there. .

BUT UNPROVEN -- i want to   first  prove   if this second wife   Dorothy HARRIS- NEE BASSANO  -actually  did die  in England or not . 

To give a little back ground as there was soooooooooooooo many HARRIS same name   birth  years of cousins etc -----and many joined this kin ship   type system and went to USA

Thomas HARRIS  --- Father    was  Sir William HARRIS
 Mother--- Lady Alice Smythe --- were very much involved in the third  charter of the Virginia  Company----  but   from England they never went  ..

Their Son  Sgt  John went abt 1626   ish  with wife Dorhty Lymbrey Calcott

But this THOMAS   HARRIS b-1636  i speak of here ---  was in fact   a grand son of their   other son Arthur  and is   VERY    VERY  frequently mixed up  with his cousin same name and birth year in Virgina  who descended from Sgt John HARRIS  i  mentioned . 

THEY are   frequently  mixed up  with each other .

--------

So my guy  is

Thomas HARRIS  born 8 Sept 1636 Chevening Kent
Father-    JOHN HARRIS ( NOT SGT JOHN )
Mother Frances DUCRE  -- this was her  * second marriage  she had Thomas b 1636  in .

His  FIRST MARRIAGE  marriage
HANNAH COULTMAN 13-1-1658 New FIsh St PArish St Margarite-- or --St Stephen Walbrook London
Possibly a daughter named HANNAH born ----she  ws under the care of her brother john as parents were dead .

HIS  **SECOND *****MARRIAGE
DOROTHY BASSANO  28 -2  1862 LONDON - BASSANO well known Italian  Musician family  in the Kings court .
POSSIBLY   - 4 -    CHILDREN BORN TO THEM.
DOROTHY 1663 ST MARY LE STRAND
JOHN 23--4 -- 1664 ST LEONARD  EASTCHEAP LONDON
 ANN  12-3-1667 ST ANDREW HOLBORN MIDDLESEX
THOMAS  9 - 5- 1669   ST MARY  -   WALTHAMSTOW ESSEX ---

DOROTHY WAS MENTIONED IN HER BROTHER  JOHN  BASSANO WILL IN 1671 ---

THERE IS A   FAIT BIT OF SPECULATION--    BUT  I SEE NO PROOF --  THAT THIS THOMAS HAS REMARRIED IN USA --

SO THATS WHY I AM  TRYING TO SEE IF   THERE IS ANY   PROOF DOROTHY BASSANO HARRIS    DID   DIED IN ENGLAND ..