Author Topic: 1934 Burial Death Look Up request please.  (Read 269 times)

Offline Steve C

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
1934 Burial Death Look Up request please.
« on: Sunday 07 January 24 12:41 GMT (UK) »
Would like to try and find more information on a 1934 death for Isaac Waters ( GRO reference Downham 4b 397 ).

I believe the Isaac Waters that died in 1934 may be the second husband of my Great Grandmother. She passed away in 1909 and I have recently obtained a digital copy of her death certificate and found a burial for her at North Runcton.

I can find no record for Isaac Waters after the 1911 census. Research shows the Isaac Waters listed above to be the best match. Just wondering if anyone has access to records or information that could help confirm please.

I did consider ordering a digital image from GRO but when I entered the details the only options available were either a certificate or PDF, both of which are more expensive than the £2.50 digital images I had previously ordered. I didnt think it was worth the gamble of ordering a certificate or PDF without further research to ensure this was definitely the Isaac Waters who was married to my Great Grandmother.

Many thanks in advance for all offers of help and assistance.

Steve

Banbury and Hall families from Leicester 1850 to 1950.

Parfery or Parfrey family from Norfolk or Cambs 1800 to 1900.

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1934 Burial Death Look Up request please.
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 07 January 24 12:50 GMT (UK) »
An obituary in the Lynn Advertiser states that he died at the home of his nephew and niece, Mr & Mrs A Waters of Windsor Street Downham Market.
He was a native of Fincham and his wife had died ‘some 30 years ago’.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 07 January 24 12:52 GMT (UK) »
An obituary in the Lynn Advertiser states that he died at the home of his nephew and niece, Mr & Mrs A Waters of Windsor Street Downham Market.
He was a native of Fincham and his wife had died ‘some 30 years ago’.

It also states that ‘three children survive’, but only one, Charles, is named as attending the funeral.

I can find no record for Isaac Waters after the 1911 census.

He is with his mother Louisa in Windsor Street Downham Market in 1921. FindMyPast has him indexed as Iraac Waters.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Steve C

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 07 January 24 13:18 GMT (UK) »
Blimey JenB..........that was quick........thank you so much for your two replies, absolutely brilliant information  ;D

I no longer have a subscription to any websites and rely on carrying out research using Family Search and FreeBMD etc. If I find anything useful I then pop along to the local library and use their edition of FindMyPast.

Not sure who Mr and Mrs A Waters are at present but I can confirm that Louisa was his mothers christian name.

Really chuffed with your replies JenB, thank you very much for taking the time to research on my behalf and post your findings  ;D

Steve

Offline sandiep

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 07 January 24 13:48 GMT (UK) »
on electrol roll for 1921 there are Albert and Louisa with Isaac so guess Mr & Mrs A Waters are them

looking at 1911 Albert is her grandson and she is a widow
Pender, Raphael,Lambert,Digby,Stent,
Dowell,cornish,mulley,Death,Rosier,
East End,Suffolk,Essex,Cornwall,Devon,London,  middlesex, hertfordshire                                      Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sandiep

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 07 January 24 14:00 GMT (UK) »
who was the Isaac that died in 1902

if the Isaac who died 1934 was 64 as said in newspaper he probably is Isaac born 1872(Close)
and he was son of Louisa Souter and Isaac Waters married in 1866
Pender, Raphael,Lambert,Digby,Stent,
Dowell,cornish,mulley,Death,Rosier,
East End,Suffolk,Essex,Cornwall,Devon,London,  middlesex, hertfordshire                                      Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Steve C

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 07 January 24 14:10 GMT (UK) »
on electrol roll for 1921 there are Albert and Louisa with Isaac so guess Mr & Mrs A Waters are them

looking at 1911 Albert is her grandson and she is a widow

Thank you very much sandiep for your replies. Albert must be the nephew and is a name I am presently not familar with, so I can start my research  ;)

who was the Isaac that died in 1902

The Isaac that died in 1902 ( he married Louisa ) is Isaac`s father.

Many thanks Steve