Author Topic: william Iglis  (Read 432 times)

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
Re: william Iglis
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 07 January 24 18:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I posted it on the incorrect  site  as i live in Wales and not sure of the area  Sorry

Heddwch

Just click on 'Report to moderator' (in blue), and ask for the thread to be moved to the Angus sub-board.

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline ColC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 08 January 24 12:00 GMT (UK) »
Two possible birth registrations in Angus but he may have been born elsewhere?

You can search the 1911/1921 census records on https://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk free to search once registered small fee to view.

INGLIS   WILLIAM   MMN REILLY   1903   ST PETER, ANGUS

INGLIS   WILLIAM   1904   MONTROSE, ANGUS

WILLIAM INGLIS   MARRIED      ELIZABETH MARY KELLY   1936   MONTROSE

I do not see any birth records in Scotland with mother’s maiden name Kelly added 1936-1956.

Possible death: Coupar Angus is a town in Perth and Kinross, Scotland, 4 miles south of Blairgowrie.

INGLIS   WILLIAM   59   1963   COUPAR ANGUS

There is this death registration but I do not see a birth, mother maiden name Hendry in the UK but there are births with no mothers maiden name noted.

INGLIS   ELIZABETH MARY   95   HENDRY   2006   BLAIRGOWRIE

Colin
Clarke, Trickett, Orton, Lawless, Norton, Detheridge, Kirby, Goodfellow, Wagstaff, Lowe, etc.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 08 January 24 12:48 GMT (UK) »
If you don't already have the details of the parents of William Inglis and his wife, go to www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, invest in a few credits and use some of them to view the 1936 marriage certificate. It will tell you the names of the couple's parents including their mothers' maiden surnames. That way you won't have to guess which birth or death records are the right ones.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.